I want to honor my Father, Elder Cleophus Marshall, Sr. for his contribution of love, impartation of Bible truths, instruction in holiness, and prayers for me over the years. I also give God honor for my spiritual covering and Father in the faith, HRM, King Adamtey I, Dr. Kingsley Flether for his never ending encouragement, support, prayers, and faithfulness as a covering in the Lord to me, my family and ministry. Last but certainly not least, I give God praise for my husband, Apostle Dr. Stanley D. Williams, Sr., who has journied with me throughout the course of life for over 30 years, has been a role model, foundation stone, mentor, and great example of what it means to be a Christ man to our sons. I love you and appreciated you all so much for your labor of love, which shall not be forgotten.

Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; 3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.  (Ephesians 6:2-3, KJV)

Grace and peace be unto you in the mighty name of our Lord and King Jesus Christ! As we draw closer to Father's Day which is celebrated June 21st this year, let us remember to honor our fathers with our love and appreciation.  There are many Father's who have passed on to glory, but we can still honor them by thanking God for the contribution they made to our lives. Even if they did not fulfill the role of what it means to be a faithful father as God ordained it to be, we yet can be thankful that we are here, and that God Almighty is the greatest Father of all.

The word "Honour" means to revere, esteem highly, and value at a high degree. According to Ephesians 6:2, it is a commandment of God that has a promise directly and inseparably connected with it.  As we are obedient to the Scripture God has given us a two-fold promise. The first is, "that it may be well with thee", and the second, "and thou mayest live long on the earth."  The depth of the promise of God is powerful! It pertains to our well being and longevity.  In essence, the degree in which we honor our Fathers directly affects the kind of life and how long we live.

Honor is a master key to the degree of blessings, favor, benefits, fulfillment, satisfaction, happiness, duration and extent of our lives. I think you will agree with me in saying that most people desire to enjoy a long fulfilling and victorious life! Well, God promises to bless us accordingly and in proportion to how we esteem and honor our Fathers highly.

A Father is a progenitor which is an originator of a line of descent, a founder.  A good Father is a generational thinker, a responsible man, he is a protector, provider, leader, instructor, disciplinarian, role model, example and pace setter who raises his children well. He is someone who cares about the well-being of his children and ensures that they develop a strong healthy self image. He gives them identity, and establishes a pattern of Godly principles for them to follow throughout life. That is why the Bible says, for us to give honor to whom honor is due, especially to those who labor over you in the Lord for their work sake. In fact, it teaches and instructs us to give them double honor which deals with the way that they are acknowledged encompassing a higher level of respect, appreciation, value, and estimation based upon the weight of responsibility and service that they carry. (1 Timothy 5:17; Hebrews 13:7,17; 1 Thessalonians 5:13)

The Bible also teaches us that a good Father prepares an inheritance for his children. Proverbs 13:12, says, "A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children..." This is crucial to the stability and well-being of the family. The enemies (devil's) attack is great in this area, because he knows that if he can disrupt the original plan and order of God for the family through death, imprisonment, poverty, rebellion, ungodly behavior, and identity confusion, it will contribute to the breakdown of society and ultimately result in more souls being lost eternally. The devil is a master deceiver and destroyer. He comes to destroy the future!! Therefore, a Father's role is extremely important, because it stops the enemies plans and establishes God's original intent and blueprint to raise up a blessed Godly offspring.

Prayer should me made for Father's regularly. Their role and responsibility to the family and society is vitally important and necessary. They are the foundation ordained by God to carry weight, handle great responsibility and provide for their families spiritual as well as natural needs. There is an all out assault upon Fathers, because according to Malachi 4:6, "And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their Fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse."  The key is through restoration, establishing, and maintaining a meaningful heartfelt relationship between Fathers and their children a blessing results. However, the inability to do so will result in a curse upon the earth resulting in "utter destruction." (Strong's Concordance)

In this hour, we need to direct our prayers towards restoration of Fathers and the healing of the family. It is a matter of life and death!  When Fathers are in place, fulfilling their Divinely ordained roles and the family is cared for and nurtured properly, the world becomes a much better place to live in. It obtains the blessing of God!!

I trust that you have been mightily blessed by this month's Community Blog as we are dedicated to sharing meaningful dialogue that will bless and change your life for the better. Please share your comments with us, and share our message with your family and friends. Thank you so much, and God bless you.

14 Comments to Honoring Fathers:

Toiya Moffatt on Saturday, June 13, 2015 9:12 PM
This blog covers a topic that I sincerely believe isn't discussed enough, the importance and need for fathers. God purposed a divine order within the household to ensure that godly children were reared up in Him. One of the most important roles within the home and society is the active participation of fathers. This is not a title to be taken likely, as this blog conveys , a father's role bares much responsibility but the impact of his presence are both "powerful" and "lasting". As we acknowledge our fathers for Father's Day, I would like to thank all of the fathers; both past and present, spiritual and natural, as well as those who have played a fatherly role, for your many contributions to our lives. You are loved and greatly appreciated! God bless you!

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Monday, June 15, 2015 10:00 PM
Min. Toiya, thank you so much for sharing your comments with us on this month's community blog in honor of our Fathers. May God bless you for being a catalyst and positive influence on family matters.

stanley williams on Saturday, June 13, 2015 11:14 PM
What Makes a Dad God took the strength of a mountain, The majesty of a tree, The warmth of a summer sun, The calm of a quiet sea, The generous soul of nature, The comforting arm of night, The wisdom of the ages, The power of the eagle's flight, The joy of a morning in spring, The faith of a mustard seed, The patience of eternity, The depth of a family need, Then God combined these qualities, When there was nothing more to add, He knew His masterpiece was complete, And so, He called it ... Dad From Stanley to my Great Dad, Apostle Stanley Williams, Sr.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Monday, June 15, 2015 10:02 PM
Stanley, your heartfelt and kind words bring such honor to all Fathers including your own. It is a delight to have your participation on this month's blog. God bless you double!!

Joshua Williams on Saturday, June 13, 2015 11:24 PM
To my dear father Apostle Stanley Williams, I am glad that you have been a great father to me, because I don't know were I would be if you had not helped through life.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Monday, June 15, 2015 10:04 PM
Joshua, it is a joy to read your thoughts and comments. They bring honor to God and your Dad. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. God bless you triple!!

Stanley Williams on Sunday, June 14, 2015 12:33 AM
The key to understanding fatherhood can be found in the foundation that God Himself established from the beginning. He did not start with Eve He started with Adam, this does not by any means take away the importance of Mothers in the stability of families. However, it does establish the criteria for a well rounded and well developed family unit. The Father's role in a family is crucial because its sets the bounds of authority with within the family unit. The man was and is ordained by God to lead the family and to be a pattern for both male and female children. The reason the original concept of family as established by God is under such attack in this hour is because satan wants to reorder God's original intent. In this season we should honor our Fathers for their contributions to our lives, but especially those who stood with us, work hard for us and guided us. From my heart I salute all Fathers, may God bless and keep you and renew your strength in Jesus name.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Monday, June 15, 2015 11:47 PM
Apostle Stanley, We appreciate your comments and insight on this month's blog subject. The adversaries objective is to re-structure the order of the family from God's original pattern and intent. In doing so, society as a whole is compromised and weakened. God is and always will be wiser than man. It is important for those who especially know the Lord to set the example so that the world can see what it means to raise and maintain a strong healthy family that honors God.

J D Smith on Sunday, June 14, 2015 1:08 AM
A powerful & pertinent word. No one is getting into this world without a father. The mechanics of fathering a child is easy. But, being commited & dedicated the really be there in, with & for the children & their mother takes a real man & father. Some father figures are like stick men, a form but no substance, character or integrity. Though my natural father is no longer with me, but I've never forgotten his smile, laughter, touch, wisdom, character, skill, courage & above all his love and tenderness. Though no man is perfect, I can still see him trying to get it right even as he bravely fought cancer. I will share with you all what he said concerning his pending death "Don't give flowers when I am dead. Give them to now while I can see & enjoy them. Don't tell me you love me while I'm in the coffin, tell me now while can see & hear you." As the Word says "You have not many fathers", how true this is! So as I have honored my father L C Smith I also want to Honour two others: James D Smith Jr, I love you son & words cannot express how proud I am of you as the man, husband & father you are & are becoming. Next, to you Pastor Stan I owe a debt of Honour I can never repay. You stood by me & over me when all had abandoned & given up on me. You fed me & my sons both natural & supernatural bread. You've poured fresh oil & wiine into my wounds, applied the stitches & bandages that I needed & could not do for myself. Words honestly fail me now. Thank you Sir, My Father, Counselor and my friend, for I was accepted by you as a friend & comrade in arms before I was ever graced to be a Spiritual son of yours. Above all that you for being my father in the faith. You are simply the BEST!

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Monday, June 15, 2015 11:52 PM
Elder JD, your heartfelt comments on this month's community blog are awesome! Men feel, men do cry and men need respect. We should always endeavor to show honor and respect to those men who work diligently to be the leaders, role models and example to their children. Good men do exist, and it is very important to show them how much they are appreciated while they are living instead of waiting until their gone and it's too late. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us, and Happy Father's Day to you!!!

Nikki Godbolt on Sunday, June 14, 2015 1:19 AM
Fathers are special in every sense of the word. They are the backbone of the family structure. They are strong , bold, brave and courageous. I honor my Heavenly Father first and far most, for his wisdom and love. For sending Jesus to take my place and giving me a place in his Kingdom. For always being there when I need him. For never leaving me in good times or bad. I honor God for my earthly father Walker Godbolt Jr. Who loves me and for being someone I can depend on. I honor God for my Spiritual father Apostle Stanley D Williams for helping me grow spiritually, and teaching me the word of God from a higher dimension. Fathers have a tuff job, and I pray God will strengthen and bless them all. HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL FATHERS. Kingdom Blessings.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Monday, June 15, 2015 11:56 PM
Elder Nikki, thank you for sharing your comments with us on this month's community blog. A Father who stands by us and shares their love and wisdom with us is deserving of honor. When a family is blessed to have such a Father, they should rally together and show him how much he means to them. Great men should always be respected and this effort should never be neglected. God bless you!!!

Brian Brewer on Monday, June 15, 2015 1:53 PM
First and foremost I would like to honor my heavenly father, who has graciously poured out His love and kindness over me and my family’s’ lives. Without him I am nothing. My Father, B.R. Brewer is one of most loyal and dedicated men I ever seen. He was armed with a third grade education, because he was forced to work at an extremely young age. But to know him you would never guest his educational background. Because of my father had high intellect, it makes you wonder “is there anything he can’t do”. A faithful husband, devoted & loving dad, great provided for his family, and most of all a word man. Last but not least I would like to bestow double honor upon my father in the faith Apostle Dr. Stanley D. Williams. The bible says, although you may 10,000 instructors, there aren’t many fathers. For all the love and support he has given me over the years. There no way I can pay him back for all he has sacrificed and given, but I can tell the world Apostle Stanley D. Williams is true father. God bless you all and Happy Father’s Day.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 12:00 AM
Elder Brewer, your comments on this month's blog reflecting how much your Father means to you are extraordinary! It is a powerful thing to see how God can take someone who didn't have a lot of formal education, and yet bless them to make such a huge difference in the lives of his children. You are an example of the difference that he made in this world. We celebrate our Fathers, their contribution to our lives, and wish everyone a Happy & Blessed Father's Day!!!