When I think about my Mother, Min. Marilyn Marshall-Pierce, a woman who is a beautiful 71 years young, elegant, virtuous, wise-hearted and blessed of the Lord, there is nothing else in this world that can compare to the love, sacrifice, devotion and prayers that she has had for her children.  I have six siblings who can each attest to the remarkable way in which our mother raised us to honor, love and fear the Lord. It is as a result of her steadfast prayers and labor of love that each one of us have become the people we are today.  She has always encouraged us to read the Bible, pray and live godly lives with respect for ourselves and others. My Mother also emphasized getting an education and striving for mastery in areas of our individual expertise, creativity and goals so that we could make a positive contribution to our community and the world.

The month of May has been largely dedicated to honoring Mothers throughout America and around the world.  I would like to encourage you to share your heartfelt gratitude and thankfulness to God for your Mother, and if she is still alive make sure that you let her know personally how important she is to you.  Please don't let money or distance hinder you from reaching out to her in a meaningful way.  Give it all you've got in letting your Mother know how much you appreciate the sacrifice, years of care, prayers, giving of encouragement, and support that she has contributed to your life.  Make your Mother smile!

Remember, that there are so many people who would give anything they have just to see their Mother's beautiful smile or hear her voice one more time. Never take your Mother for granted, because you don't know when it might be your last time to say the words "Mom, I love you so much."  Mothers are a treasure of wisdom and a gift from the Lord to us all. They may not be perfect, but they are worthy to be honored, respected and loved.

A MOTHER'S DAY PRAYER

My Mother, I love, honor and respect her
and that's why I pray, not only on Mother's Day,
but every day with remembrance of all the love and self sacrifice
she has shown and expressed throughout the years.

I give thanks to the Lord and I have to profess,
my life is better because of the warmth and safety of her love,
prayers and tender embrace.

She taught me everything she knew so that I could learn to walk,
run and get up if I should fall.  She nurtured and cared for me as she
taught me how to stand on the Word of God
while supported by her faithful hand and prayers.

I am thankful that my Mother believed in me
and inspired me to dream as though nothing would be impossible
for me to accomplish.  It was her faithful example that pointed the way
to the life that I have in the Lord Jesus Christ today.

I love you Mom, and I thank God for you everyday.
That's why I'm taking this special moment to pray.

May God bless my Mother, Min. Marilyn Marshall - Pierce,
& all Mothers on this Mother's Day!

~ Apostle Dr. Bethtina Q. Williams

I'd like to ask you to a moment and share a memory or thought about your Mother for which you are thankful with us. Your comments are truly an encouragement to everyone. Thank you and God bless you!

28 Comments to Happy Mother's Day!:

Robert Watson on Saturday, May 02, 2015 7:41 PM
After hearing all the wonderful things about your mother, it's true how mother's are so loving, nurturing and caring. My mother, Mary Watson, has been such an inspiration in my life. She raised us in the word of God, kept us in church, and made us read the bible. All my siblings and myself are active in church. My mother did a wonderful job raising us up in the admonition of the Lord. Mother's are very special every day of our lives. My mother still gives me advice and help guide me through tough issues in life. May God bless Mary Watson on this Mother"s Day and every day of her life. To all mother's May God Bless You All On This Mother's Day!

Apostle Dr. Bethtina Williams on Monday, May 04, 2015 11:42 AM
Pastor Watson, that you so much for sharing your wonderful and heartfelt thoughts of your Mother with us. It is such a blessing to know how much she cared and ensured that you were taught of the Lord. May God bless you richly!!

Dr. Stanley D. Williams on Monday, May 04, 2015 1:12 AM
Ruth Williams was indeed one of the most precious people I have ever known. She was a woman of prayer and was a totally dedicated christian and mother of 6 children all of whom are serving the Lord. Some of my earliest and most precious memories are of going to church with my mother brothers and sisters. It is very true what Apostle Bethtina stated in the blog, I would give anything just to hear my mothers precious voice again. I had the privilege of preaching my mothers home going, it was indeed one of the greatest moments of my life. She left a great legacy because all I remember is this great woman of faith and warrior for God. Her life has motivated me to live for Christ with all my heart because she taught us that being believers was important. I miss you mom but I know that you are up in heaven rejoicing in that great cloud of witnesses I look forward to rejoicing with you some day in the presence of the Lord. Be blessed mom!

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Monday, May 04, 2015 11:47 AM
Apostle Stanley, your Mother was a great woman whose contribution blessed so many lives. She truly was a virtuous woman of God who had exemplary character. Your thoughts of gratitude and love for your Mother are so encouraging. Her legacy of faith continues on in all of her children's live and in the hearts of everyone that knew her. Kingdom Blessings My Dear!!

J. D. Smith on Monday, May 04, 2015 3:17 PM
My Mother along with my Grandmother Smith sought to instill in us the love of God as they both worked inside & outside the home. Not only raising natural gardens from which we ate but also the love we tasted & some times that love was also pasted on our gluteous maximus so we do right rather than wrong. My Grandmother has since gone on to heaven. My Mother is a blessed 84 years young & is blessing to all those around her especially to me. I give God thanks & Honour for her & I Honour her today & everyday for giving me life, sowing to my life & the lives of my sons & for all the sacrifices and hardships she has endured to invest in & secure a future and a hope for her children & grandchildren. Thank you mom, I love you & you are the greatest mom a boy or man could ever have.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 9:48 AM
Elder JD, your warm memories of your Grandmother and Mother are absolutely beautiful. It's those wonderful memories that bring joy to our hearts. Nothing and no one can measure up to the love, care, sacrifices and prayers of a dedicated Mother. Thank you for sharing your comments with us. God bless you!!

Toiya Moffatt on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 8:25 PM
Beautiful blog! I appreciate the life that was extended to my siblings and myself through my mother, and the foundation of faith in God that she instilled in us from early childhood. I pray a blessed "Mother's Day" to all mothers both spiritual and natural.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Thursday, May 07, 2015 9:29 PM
Min. Toiya, Thank you so much for sharing your Mother's Day greetings and comments highlighting your Mother's faithful contribution to your life and that of your siblings. May God bless you on this coming Mother's Day as well.

Toni Brewer on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 11:49 PM
So thankful to have a loving mother who helped prepare my siblings and I for life beyond the security of her arms. I am also grateful for my grandmother who ensured we were in church every Sunday morning and evening for service, Wednesday for Bible Study and Friday night for prayer. What an example she has been. Thank God for the strength of character and steadfastness in both these phenomenal women! Love them much.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Thursday, May 07, 2015 9:33 PM
Toinette, the memories you shared with us of how your Mother imparted and instilled godly principles and values into your life is such a blessing to hear. We need more Mothers today who take the time to pour character values into their children. I truly believe that the world would be a much better place. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and God bless you! Happy Mother's Day!!

P. Wright on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 6:36 PM
So proud of my mother Mrs. Vera Mea Reynolds Russell. She has since passed. I Thank God for the life she was able to live as a single parent raising 9 kids. Happy Mother's Day Mom

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Thursday, May 07, 2015 9:38 PM
Deac. Pam, my heart goes out to you on this Mother's Day. It is my prayer that God graces you with His strength, peace, and joy as you celebrate the life of your Mother who has gone to be with the Lord in glory. A Mother is irreplaceable and no one can compare, but I hope and pray that the love in Christ that we share as your Pastors and Sisters and Brothers can somehow minister that kind of love that lets you know that you are appreciated, loved, and embraced from our hearts. May God bless you to have a glorious Mother's Day!!!

Nikki Godbolt on Thursday, May 07, 2015 8:01 PM
I truly honor and Bless God Almighty for my mother Mrs. Mary Godbolt. For who she is as a woman, mother, and my very Best Friend. She worked three jobs to take care of me and my siblings. She taught us how to pray and how to be respectful to those around us. She showed us how to forgive and love others even when they cause you pain. Her very life is a living testimony. I love my mother and I wouldn't trade her for anything in this world. Thank you Jesus for my Mother.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Thursday, May 07, 2015 9:56 PM
Elder Nikki, I have been so blessed by your heartfelt comments regarding how much your Mother means to you, and has blessed your life. The kind of relationship that you have with your Mother is very special and precious. When a Mother takes time to lead her children in the ways of the Lord it is very valuable and priceless. I pray that God continues to bless your Mother, and that He also blesses you for honoring her so well. God bless you!!!

Stanley D. Williams II on Thursday, May 07, 2015 11:01 PM
I would like to say Happy Mother's Day to my mom Apostle Bethtina Williams. She's a Wonderful Mother! God made a wonderful mother, A mother who never grows old; He made her smile of the sunshine, And He molded her heart of pure gold; In her eyes He placed bright shining stars, In her cheeks fair roses you see; God made a wonderful mother, And He gave that dear mother to me. I love you Mom!

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Friday, May 08, 2015 10:56 PM
Stanley, I am both honored and blessed by your expression of love and appreciation for me as your Mother. May God bless you as you continue to serve Him and become everything that He ordained you to be from the foundation of the world.

Brian Brewer on Saturday, May 09, 2015 7:35 PM
My mother was the most loving and caring person I have ever encountered in my life. She was the pillar in our family who held everything together. My mother epitome the phrase “love in action”. She would give her very last if she thought it would help someone else in need. Many times my 9 siblings and I went without, because mama was helping someone in trouble. I didn’t appreciate fully the great influence and impact she had on me, but came to realize that my mother operated in the agape before it became the cool Christian thing to say. See my mother loved the Lord with all heart, mind, and all her strength and sought to please him. I only had thirteen years to enjoy her, because she went on to be with the lord at a young age. She was on earth a little while but her memory burns in the heart of everyone she touched. God you have truly blessed to witness the life of the greatest person I’ve known, Mother Essie Brewer. Thank you.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Sunday, May 10, 2015 7:30 PM
Elder Brewer, thank you so much for sharing the warm heartfelt memories of your Mother's time and contribution into your life. A Mother's love, sacrifice and the difference she makes in the lives of her children is priceless indeed. God bless you!!

Jonathan Williams on Sunday, May 10, 2015 11:09 AM
Apostle Bethtina Williams is the most beautiful woman and mother. To me she means the most. If it were not for our mothers having given birth to us we would not be able to post on this powerful blog. We wouldn't be drawing breathe at this very moment. But, if it were not for this mother, Apostle Bethtina Williams, we would not be blessed with such a powerful vessel of God. This vessel has birthed us into an avenue for empowerment, betterment, and the fulfillment of our promised blessings by God. I have to thank my mom for doing everything that God destined her to do.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Sunday, May 10, 2015 7:43 PM
Jonathan, my dear son, your words mean so much to my heart. I appreciate everything that you have shared, and I am honored. My prayer is that God continues to guide you and bless you with His wisdom as you navigate your way through life. As you continue to seek the Lord and honor Him, He will provide for you, keep you, and strengthen your heart in Christ Jesus. I love you!!

Lisa Wilson on Sunday, May 10, 2015 7:58 PM
I have so much to say about my Mother and the great example of strength, character, caring, and love that she set before me. I wrote this poem entitled "The Sacrifices You Make." A Mother is always giving, always loving, always forgiving. She works tirelessly to make ends meet, preparing food daily for her family to eat. She handles many situations inside and out of the home. She answers the call to duty no matter what comes her way or for how long. If it takes from sun up till sun down she always makes her rounds. A Proverbs 31 woman is a blessing to her husband, a jewel in his crown. On her knees in prayer is where she can be found with her head bent to the ground. Dau in, day out seeking God's direction for her family and their protection. Many times than few the pennies are never enough, and the dollars short, but somehow, some way she not only makes it through, but she sees her way out too. She knows on whom she can depend. Jesus is her very best friend, to the end. Mother's often have to put their dreams and visions on hold so that they can ensure a brighter future for the children that were entrusted to them by God to shape and to mold. Mother was often cast off by those who criticized and doubted her, because she didn't follow the popular crowd. She had to make hard choices and listen to God's voice instead. It wasn't easy, and it certainly wasn't a piece of cake. There are no guarantees nor promises of grandeur in being a Mother, but but it is a privilege. It's a journey in which she carries a load and many burdens. For these are the sacrifices that a Mother makes. I want to dedicate this poem from my heart to my Mother, Marilyn Etta Williams, Marshall-Pierce, as well as too each one of my biological Sisters, and my Sisters in Love. God bless you all and Happy Mother's Day!!

Remae Rodriguez on Sunday, May 10, 2015 10:09 PM
Thank you my dear big sister, for your kind words and for the sacrifices that you made when we were children to help our mother. I love you and I will never forget all of your kind words and kind works.

Joshua Williams on Sunday, May 10, 2015 9:02 PM
My dearest mother, Apostle Bethtina Williams. Thank you for being there when I needed you most, and for picking me up when I was down. Thank you for being such a blessing for life, and finally thank you for being the best mother you could be.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Monday, May 11, 2015 10:04 AM
Joshua, my son, thank you so much for the beautiful thoughts you've shared with us for Mother's Day. I cherish them, and I have been mightily blessed to have such a wonderful son who loves me so much as you do. God bless you double!!!

Remae Rodriguez on Sunday, May 10, 2015 9:58 PM
My beautiful mother is Ministress Marilyn Marshall Pierce. She is not only a woman of God but, also a woman of courage and faith. I am thankful to God that she is yet in the land of the living! All that I am and all that I hope to be is because of my mother! There is no other like my mother. Thank you Jesus for giving me such a wonderful gift, that has always been a blessing, to my life!

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Monday, May 11, 2015 10:07 AM
Remae, thank you so much for sharing your heartfelt comments with us. They are so special and true. What a blessing it is to have such a dedicated and faithful Mother as ours. God has truly been good to us. I appreciate you, and God bless you!!

Kaniesah Ware on Sunday, May 10, 2015 11:04 PM
I asked my Mom what she wanted for Mother's Day and she told me she wanted my younger siblings and I to stay with her and to not grow up and leave the nest. Instead, I bought her a locket necklace with a picture of the three of us(an older picture of course, since she likes those the best), so we'll always be close to her heart. When I think of my mother I think of a woman who has established herself and all things good from this life, not only in her children, but in everyone she meets. Sacrifice is an understatement, for you to give and provide comes natural. I want to take this time to let you know that I appreciate you, from 21 years worth of laundry to picking up stray toys. I am blessed to be raised by such a nurturing and powerful woman as you and I would not be half the young lady I am today without you, Mrs. Elizabeth Ware. You are my one in a million, I love you.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Monday, May 11, 2015 10:10 AM
Kaniesah, your thoughtful comments of your Mother are absolutely beautiful! It is a daughter like you who makes Mother's proud. You are truly blessed to have such a loving mother who has given her best to ensure that you can be your best. Thank you so much for sharing your heart with us, and God bless you!!