Recently, I had a very enlightening and empowering interview with Apostle Billy Dorsey, Sr., who is the Senior Pastor & Founder of Bridge of Hope Worship Center and serves as Chief Apostle of Unity Fellowship International, as my special guest in Part 1 of a broadcast on "What the Spirit of the Lord is Saying to the Church in This Hour, & the Call to Prayer." I would like to share some notes of what was discussed during the interview with you, and I hope that it ministers to your heart.
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God. (Revelation 2:7, NKJV)
Some of the things Apostle Dorsey shared about during our interview are the following:
- The Spirit of God is calling upon His people to be "Real" in representation of Him.
- To be "Accountable", and to hold ourselves accountable in regards to His calling.
- To understand that sin always has consequences.
- God does cause nations to enter into judgment as a result of sin and turning from Him.
- There is a remnant of people, especially Prophets, who are awake, alert, and sensitive
to the move of the Spirit. Although, many professing Christians are acting like the world.
- The "drumbeat" of God is louder than ever before calling His people to awaken and serve
Him fully in prayer and obedience.
- After the Gulf War and 911 was over, and the fear factor wore off, everybody went
back to their normal habits, daily lives as usual, and forgot all about God and prayer.
- God won't let us go back to what was again, because Jesus is coming back soon.
- We need intercessors and prayer warriors who are as "Watchmen on the Wall" like
Jeremiah, Elijah, and Abraham who will cry out, spare not, and pray.
- God is saying, "It's time for you to be "Real", and be who God called you to be.
- Too many people are leaving God at the door, and are going out to live without Him,
while God called us to live according to Galatians 2:20. Speaking through the Apostle
Paul, we are called upon to be "crucified with Christ."
- We must have an all day long relationship with God, and talk to Him everyday of the
- Then we need to listen to God more than we talk in order to hear His still small voice.
- Prayer is a conversation, and 2-way dialogue.
- A very practical way to pray is during your commute.
- Pray and cry out to God!!!
- Be sensitive to what is happening in the world today.
- Don't be insensitive as the people where in the days of Noah were.
- God closed the door, and it was too late then.
- You can ignore God long enough until time runs out.
- So pray, for God to help you to bring your priorities and things that are out of balance
into balance with Him.
- Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness... (Matthew 6:33)
- Understand that when you ignore what the Spirit of the Lord is saying to the Church,
"It's like He never said it, and you'll be out of God's season."
- The King's business demands haste!
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death. (Revelation 2:11, NKJV)
I hope this brief outline has been a blessing to you. Please share your thoughts with us. God bless you!!