Emmanuel is With You!

How many of you have ever felt like God was not there, that His presence had deserted you altogether? Some of you may say, “How can God be on my side when I’ve failed Him so many times in my life? How can God be on my side when I’m not quite living right? Or, how can God love me when I'm rejected, criticized and condemned by people? After all, He’s a holy God.”

Well, I’m going to tell you how God can be on your side. He’s on your side because of what happened on the cross. Because of the blood of Jesus, God has committed Himself to never leave you, nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5). A divine exchange took place on the cross. Jesus took our sins and released the presence of God to us so we could take His righteousness and receive the presence of God.

Under the old covenant Law, when people were obedient to God His presence would stay with them; but if they disobeyed God, His presence would depart from them (Numbers 12:9; 1 Samuel 16:14). But under the new covenant of grace, it doesn’t work like that. Because of what Jesus did on the cross, it sealed the presence of God in our lives forever (Ephesians 1:13).

God’s presence is ours for eternity. That one statement changed my life. I used to think His presence was conditional, that He was with me when I was doing “good,” but not with me when I wasn’t doing so good. But God is not just with you only when you feel you deserve it. God is with you even when you fail. He’s with you when you’re up and when you’re down. Don’t ever evaluate the presence of God based on your circumstances. Your circumstances don’t dictate whether or not God is going to be with you. There’s no circumstance strong enough to make God leave you! Psalm 118:6 declares, “The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?” Some of you may be thinking, “If God’s commitment to me is so strong, why does it appear that I’m not benefiting from it? If He’s for me and with me, no matter what, why am I going through certain things?” You have to learn how to take full advantage of His presence. To experience God’s presence, you’re going to have to increase your consciousness of His presence by practicing the presence of God.

So, let’s talk about how to practice God’s presence. You have to begin to train your mind to think about Jesus more. You can choose to think about a problem, or you can choose to think about Jesus. He keeps you in perfect peace when you keep your mind on Him (Isaiah 26:3). When you do this, you’re getting Him involved in your everyday situations in life. You become so consciously aware of Jesus that you’re setting yourself up for Him to show up and perform some things you didn’t expect. When you get in the Word, you’re exposing yourself more to the presence of God. When you attend Bible Study every week, you’re exposing yourself more to the presence of God. Something supernatural happens when you expose yourself to God’s presence. The breakthrough that you’ve been struggling to receive supernaturally begins to occur when you become exposed to the presence of God.

The presence of Jesus is all that we need. Begin to get in a routine of saying, “God is with me.” Anytime fear arises, remind yourself that God is on your side. Even when you don’t feel like He’s there, acknowledge His presence. It’s not possible for Him to leave you, not by any means! He won’t do it! Jesus, Emmanuel, is God with us. Hallelujah!

“And they shall call His name Emmanuel—which, when translated, means, God with us”
(Matthew 1:23, AMP).

All of the confidence and bold assurance you need to excel in life will come because of the presence of the Lord. God is on your side, and if God is for you, no one or nothing can be against you! (Romans 8:31).

Thank you for taking time to read this blog post. Please share your comments and let us know how it has impacted change in your life for the better. Click on this link now to sow a simple seed offering of $25 into the ministry today:  http://www.mpoweringlives.com/Online-Giving.html

Be sure to pass it on and share the blog with others.  Thank you and may God bless you.

19 Comments to Emmanuel is With You!:

Nikki Godbolt on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5:01 PM
Thank you Apostle for such an encouraging word. I thank God that he dosn't desert us when we do wrong. He's such a loving Father. So often we are quick to condemn ourselves but God is always ready to forgive us. I've failed him so many times and yet he keep on loving me. Thank you Father for loving me and never forsaking me! God bless you Apostle Beth. Love you!

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:29 AM
Nikki, God will never leave nor forsake you and His presence will be with you throughout life and eternity. When you think about Jesus and practice His presence through prayer and worship, it brings joy to your heart. God bless you, and thank you for contributing to our community blog.

Katrina Madden on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:13 AM
I read this blog yesterday and it has been on my mind since. So many times I've evaluated myself wondering why he left & have asked, "God Where are you!" Forgetting that He said "I will never leave you or forsake you." God never put a condition on that. We as people have. We even do that in our everyday relationships. "I love them, but they made me mad so I had to separate myself." That's not God! God doesn't even think like us! After reading your blog I thought about the times I have wronged God, I thought about the backslider, even the sinner. God was & is right there, all He is waiting for is for us to acknowledge Him & to turn our hearts and attention back to him. When we do that the King of Glory will step in! Thank you for this awesome blog!

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:34 AM
Katrina, God's love for you surpasses the love of people. He loves you so much that He send His only begotten Son, and afterward His Holy Spirit to solidify and confirm how much He loves you. Emmanuel, God's eternal presence is with you always and forever, which brings deliverance, safety, provision, salvation, healing and much more. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments on our community blog. God bless you!!

Candicr Mimms on Monday, March 17, 2014 10:28 PM
I loved your comment Katrina. God will never leave us nor forsake us, yet we as a people tend to have conditional love within our relationship with others and even within our relationship with God. God has shown what it truly means to love. He is with us always. That is love. Love is unconditional in every aspect.

Toiya Moffatt on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:35 PM
I've, through my experiences, have found that God reveals the power of His presence most when we have fallen short.I learned some years ago, by the grace of God, to stop myself and be still to listen to His voice when things were at their worst. It was during these times that I could feel His love at a deeper level and could truly tune in to His voice. It was also at this point that I witnessed God move in great and mighty ways on my behalf and others, like never before. There is no other place greater than the "Presence of God". Thank you Apostle Beth for this wonderful and powerful blog!

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Thursday, March 13, 2014 4:05 PM
Toiya, I am glad that you have been blessed by the community blog. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and comments with us. God is with us, and when we are still enough to hear His voice it gives us peace and reassurance that He is in control. God bless you!!

Dr. Stanley D. WIlliams on Thursday, March 13, 2014 3:00 PM
God's presence is so important until when Moses was told to go up and take the Children of Israel with him he did not want to go up unless the Lord's presence went with him. Indeed Moses exclaimed to God if your presence go not up with me I will not go up. God said I will send and angel before you but Moses would settle for nothing less than the presence of God. Exodus 33:1-2, "And the LORD said unto Moses, Depart, and go up hence, thou and the people which thou hast brought up out of the land of Egypt, unto the land which I sware unto Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, saying, Unto thy seed will I give it: And I will send an angel before thee; and I will drive out the Canaanite, the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite:" Exodus 33:13-15, "Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people. And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest. And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence." Moses understood that he needed God's presence and would not settle for anything less, saying to God if you won't go please don't send us up. David like wise understood that he needed the presence God and was willing to give up everything else except His presence. Psalms 51:11, "Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me." When we as people of God practice the presence of God we begin to see miracles and breakthroughs in our lives, we begin to experience answered prayer and renewed strength. Joshua was so in love with the presence of God until even after Moses left the Tabernacle he would linger around in the presence of God. Exodus 33:11, "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle." God has made a divine promise to each of us, that no matter what we are going through, even if we walk through the valley and the shadow of death He will never leave us nor will He forsake us. He promised that He would anoint our heads with oil in the very presence of our enemies. All I can say is who is like our God who is like our king!

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Thursday, March 13, 2014 4:40 PM
Apostle Stanley, thank you once again for sharing your insightful comments with us on this month's blog. When we understand that God's presence makes all of the difference like Moses and David did, we will rely and depend upon Him more, and experience His divine blessing, favor, prosperity, and protection. Abiding in the presence of the Lord is a major key to walking into His divine direction and purpose for our lives. Emmanuel "God with us" is the greatest comfort and assurance for every Christian.

Pamela Wright on Monday, March 17, 2014 8:03 PM
I praise God for his unconditional LOVE

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:32 PM
Pam, thank you for taking time to read and share your thoughts on our community blog. God bless you!

Candice Mimms on Monday, March 17, 2014 9:59 PM
Amen!!! God is with us at all times. It's through the blood of Jesus that we have the precious and sweet presence of God. I love how you mentioned when we stay focused on Jesus we become "consciously aware of Him and we are setting ourself up for him to show up and perform some things we didn't even expect". This is awesome! It's through Jesus that we inherit life and that more abundantly. It's through his shed blood that we can walk in God's authority. We are with God...just as it was in the beginning of time when Adam would walk in the garden of Eden.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:35 PM
Candice, it is true that God is with us and we are with Him. We can anticipate and expect everything to work out well for us in the end as we trust Him, because of His presence in our lives. Thank you for sharing your heartfelt thoughts with us. God bless you!

Travis Mimms on Monday, March 17, 2014 10:26 PM
Awesome Blog!! This is very important to know that God will never leave us nor will he ever forsake us! I truly thank God for His Grace! He loves us unconditionally. It doesn't matter what we've done or will ever do, God love us even with our imperfections, because the blood of Jesus is perfect. God wants us to be real with Him. He said "come let us reason together." This signifies that He wants us to have a relationship with Him in Spirit and in Truth.. With that knowledge, we can face each day with the peace of God knowing that whatever comes our way, He will guide us as a lamp unto our feet. I like what you said " You can choose to think about a problem, or you can choose to think about Jesus." The key is relationship, becoming more aware of His presence..

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:42 PM
Travis, it's the presence of God that makes all the difference in the world to those who have a relationship with Him. You can have peace of mind and confidence in your heart because of His presence with you. Not only is God with you, but He's also in you be His Holy Spirit's presence indwelling you, which is why you're born again. So, when you live your life recognizing that the greater one is with you and in you, nothing can defeat you. You can live every day in victory through Jesus Christ!

Laquita Harmon on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 1:10 AM
I thank God for being with me everywhere I am. Where would we be if He wasn't with us and covering us, so I thank God for his keeping power and for loving us unconditional even when our actions and attitudes may not be lovable. Thank you for always always being there and helping me and all who call on you.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:44 PM
Laquita, it is so wonderful that God is with us. When you think about His presence being with you, it is very encouraging and uplifting to the heart. Thank you for sharing your comments with us, and may God bless you richly as you continue to abide in Him!!

Apostle Gerald L Waters on Saturday, March 22, 2014 10:43 AM
Greetings Apostle Bethtina Williams, we miss you and pray that God blesses you as you are on your vacation. Our God is so awesome and we praise Him for the ministry God has given you. Stay strong in OUR GOD.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:46 PM
Apostle Waters, thank you for sharing your heartfelt comments with me on the blog. I'd love to hear what you think about the blog itself though. God bless you.