Celebrating the Birth of Our Lord!!

Luke 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus. v.32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: v.33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Enjoy "The Nativity Story" Presentation by Time Warner

When the angel Gabriel first appeared to Mary and mentioned the idea of a virgin birth, she had trouble with it. In fact, the Bible records that Mary wasn’t as startled by the angel’s appearance as she was by the message. “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?” (Luke 1:34)

Isn't it interesting that the Lord chose a doctor to write about it? As a physician, Luke’s training would have prejudiced him against the whole idea of a virgin birth. Yet, facing the evidence of his own training, he was so completely convinced of its truth that the he wrote the longest, most detailed, and most beautiful account of this marvelous event.

Well we all know that Gabriel ultimately convinced Mary to get beyond what her earthly mind tells her can’t happen. “For nothing is impossible with God,” he told her. (Luke 1:37)
What we see at work in the life of Mary is a test of faith. The Bible tells us that “faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. (Hebrews 11:1) The world told Mary that it couldn't be, but God told her to believe otherwise. Think about it. Mary’s decision to submit to God’s will could have meant shame before her friends and family, not to mention the possible loss of a husband to whom she was engaged. She could have been stoned to death for becoming pregnant during her engagement. What a leap of faith!
God showed Mary, and the rest of us, too, what happens when we’re willing to forsake the world’s logic to accept His infinite promise that nothing is impossible when He’s in the middle of it. Mary’s greatest shame became her greatest glory.

So you see the Christmas story also demonstrates what can happen when we allow our faith to reach beyond what we understand. It’s that very same faith today that brings stories of healings to us, delivers drug addicts, alcoholics, prostitutes, and sinners from destructive addictions, restores broken relationships, comforts those who mourn, and reminds us all that hope for the Christian is never lost.

As you celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ during this wonderful season of sharing and giving, remember to worship God with thanksgiving for sending His only begotten Son to redeem us and give us eternal life.  Have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!

Be encouraged to share at least 3 reasons or an experience from your heart of why you are thankful for the birth of our Lord and King Jesus Christ.  Please share this Christmas Holiday Blog with your friends and family.  Thank you so much.

7 Comments to Celebrating the Birth of Our Lord!!:

Tracie Fields on Wednesday, December 04, 2013 8:22 PM
This blog is so awesome. Usually when we people speak of the birth of Jesus the first thing that comes to mind is the baby wrapped in swaddling clothes lying in a manger and our Savior being born. However , as you have so very well stated it was a test of faith for Mary to submit to the will of God. Mary had to decide to do what could have very well bought trouble to her. She had to forsake her will, her thoughts, her feelings and totally trust and believe in something she could not see.“faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. (Hebrews 11:1) The story of Jesus' birth tells us that its not about us but about God using us as he used Mary to bring forth something great in the earth to bring deliverance, healing, salvation Wow God is awesome!!!! The way he uses the very things that we think are impossible to show up and show the world that He is God and He can do anything!! Nothing is impossible with God. During this season and beyond I want that to resonate in my heart and spirit that all things are possible with God!!!! Thank you for this wonderful blog.

Toiya Moffatt on Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:08 PM
I am thankful for the birth of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, for an endless account of reasons but in the sum I am thankful because it represents; the reflection of the love of God for His people, the mark of restoration for what was once lost and the hope of that which is to come. Thank you for posting this blog. I truly believe that it is very important for us as God's children to always reflect back on the greatest gift ever given to man, Jesus Christ. God bless you.

Candice Mimms on Thursday, December 12, 2013 5:33 PM
During this season I’m always reminded of the unconditional love displayed by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He endured so much and gave his life so that we may have access to God. I’m thankful I can WALK IN LIBERTY through the birth, death, and resurrection of Jesus. I’m thankful for the demonstration of LOVE shown by Jesus. I’m also thankful for the POWER released to stop the enemy in his tracks. During Christmas season I notice how people change in a good way. People from many backgrounds begin to show a type of respect toward others and the character of love is evident. Love is all in the atmosphere. I’ve found that love is the answer. Love is a weapon that Jesus understood. Thank you for posting this awesome blog.

Nikki Godbolt on Friday, December 13, 2013 12:15 AM
I am so thankful and grateful to God for the birth of our Lord and Savor Jesus Christ because he gave his life so that I may live. He gave us a way back to the Father. He save my soul from a burning Hell and for that I am forever grateful! And I love the fact that no matter where I am in life, He is always with me. I remember one day I was crying and tears was just rolling down my face over something that hurt me really bad and in the midst of my crying, I heard the Lord say, why are you crying, I am here with you, and instantly my tears dried up and joy filled my heart! What an Awesome God we serve. I just thank God for Loving us enough to send Jesus! I Love you Jesus, you are my EVERYTHING!!!

Dr. Stanley D. Williams on Tuesday, December 17, 2013 10:46 AM
The birth of Jesus Christ stands alone as the single most important event in history, everything and everyone else pales in comparison. More lives have been affect by Jesus than any other historical figure, and rightfully so He bore the sins of the entire world on His shoulders. The decision by God to send His only begotten had to be a challenging decision but the decision was made. This speaks to us of the love God has for His people, He did not have to do it but He did. I thank God for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, there is no way I could make it without Him He is everything to me. I am also thankful for my wife who has been faithful beyond the call. She has stood with myself our Son's and Lighthouse of Faith Community Church through thick and thin I could not ask God for a better present than the mate He has given me.

Denise Williams on Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:54 PM
Jesus Christ is surley the reason for the season this is a very simple thought or phrase but after reading this blog I was able to evaulate from a differnt perspective. Thank you God for your total plan for mankind.Thank you Apostle for you faithfulness to the ministry.

Katrina Madden on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 12:02 PM
I am grateful for the birth of Christ.To me the birth of Christ represents hope, I cannot imagine living in a world without hope. When I'm at my lowest it is then that I have hope for a better day & am able to stand by Faith knowing that with God nothing is impossible. I would not have made it this far with out the greatest gift of all Jesus. Thank you for this blog and allowing me to reflect on what the Christmas means to me.