Pastor Billy Dorsey, Jr. "The Power of Prayer & Determination"

As you watch the powerful life changing story of Billy Dorsey's prayer and determination it will encourage and strengthen your faith in God to endure the tests and challenges that you face in life, and hold onto your dreams.  Billy Dorsey, Jr., is an Outreach Pastor at Lakewood Church in Houston, TX, where Joel Osteen is the Senior Pastor. "As a Grammy, Stellar and Dove Award winning songwriter and producer Billy Dorsey has already achieved more in his life than most musicians dream possible. As a songwriter/vocal arranger/engineer for the Christian Hip Hop artist Lecrae, Billy began his chart run of major success with his work on the international best-selling album Rehab: The Overdose, which went on to win the 2012 Stellar and Dove Awards for Best Rap/Hip Hop Album of the Year. Billy has worked on albums for Maino (Atlantic Records), Day26 (Atlantic Records), 2 Chainz (Def Jam) and others. Pastor Billy won his first Grammy win in February 2013 for his work on Lecrae’s “Gravity”. Dorsey, also known as Billy D Lyrics, produced the second best-selling track “Higher” featuring gospel group Tenth Avenue North."

Billy Dorsey's "highly anticipated debut album, Marathon, was released in February of 2013."  God has blessed Pastor Dorsey to overcome the challenges and adversities of life to use Him to reach people in nations throughout the world for His glory.

Be encouraged to share your comments on our blog about what has inspired you the most about the incredible real life story of Billy Dorsey, Jr. In addition, Pastor Dorsey, Jr., will be a featured guest on MPLI Radio Network with Host, Apostle Bethtina Williams, on Thursday November 8, 2013 @ 7 PM CDT, 8 PM EDT. Call 347-843-4559 or Click the following link to listen to the broadcast worldwide. Feel free to share it with your friends.  http://bit.ly/1baJQ9p

(*Official permission has been granted to share this video clip of Pastor Billy Dorsey's story.)

17 Comments to Pastor Billy Dorsey, Jr. "The Power of Prayer & Determination":

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Wednesday, November 06, 2013 3:08 AM
I am amazed by the life story of Pastor Billy Dorsey, Jr. It has truly encouraged and inspired me to continue to persevere past the obstacles and challenges that I have faced throughout my lifetime in order to fulfill the greater purpose and destiny that God has for me. God bless you Pastor Dorsey for allowing me the opportunity to work with you, and for being the humble servant of God that you are. Most of all, thank you for being a guest on my broadcast. My prayer for you is that God continues to raise you up higher and higher to reach the nations and people around the world for His glory. God bless you!!

Dr. Stanley D. Williams on Wednesday, November 06, 2013 7:37 PM
The story of Pastor Billy Dorsey Jr. is such and inspiring story because it reminds us of the faithfulness of God. When you've fallen and it seems there is no way out and no way to get up God is faithful. It reminds me of a statement that Paul made in the Bible: Hebrews 10:23, "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised)" As I listened to Pastor Dorsey's story I could see in his actions the unwavering faith that Paul talked about in Hebrews 10:23. We must all understand this one aspect of God unchanging character, God cannot tell lies. If God makes a promise to a individual a nation or a people He is always faithful. Isaiah 46:11, "Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it." Be inspired by this great testimony and remember God is faithful, no matter how low you think you have fallen God will never leave you nor forsake you.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Thursday, November 07, 2013 5:57 PM
Apostle Stanley, my dear, you have captured the very heart of the message that is reflected through the life story of Pastor Billy Dorsey, Jr. No matter how things are in our lives, whether good or bad, God will cause them all to work out in our favor if we just remember to "hold fast our profession of faith without wavering". It is impossible for God to lie, and He has promised never to leave nor forsake us no matter what. Thank you so much for sharing your encouraging insights to this incredible testimony. God bless you!

Nikki Godbolt on Thursday, November 07, 2013 3:03 AM
Wow, what an powerful testimony! Pastor Dorsey's testimony has encouraged my heart to never give up, no matter what we may face in life, no matter what situation we may find ourselves in, we must continue to trust God and know that everything he allows us to go through is with purpose and its preparing us for our destiny! There are things that are heavy on my heart even now, but I'm trusting God through it all. Thank you Pastor Dorsey for your encouraging testimony and thank you Apostle Bethtina for allow us to hear it. Love you and God Bless!

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Thursday, November 07, 2013 3:51 PM
Blessings to you also Nikki!! I'm glad to know that Pastor Dorsey's real life story has had a positive impact upon you, and has encouraged you to continue to believe God in spite of your challenges in life. God is always faithful to deliver us, and bring us out into great fulfillment when we stand by faith and continue to trust Him. Stay encouraged and God bless you.

Latresa Lawson on Thursday, November 07, 2013 5:26 PM
Wow, Billy Dorsey’s testimony is simply amazing! I am truly blessed and so encouraged by his faith in God against all odds. The trials and tribulations that he had to endure encourages me to hold on to my faith in God knowing that God is faithful, and He will do exactly what He promised to do! I am so excited about the broadcast tonight and I know it’s going to be a tremendous blessing to me. Blessings!

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Friday, November 08, 2013 5:39 PM
Latresa, you're so right about Pastor Dorsey's testimony. It is truly an encouragement to anyone who is determined to come past life's challenges into the kind of victory God desires for them. Thank you for sharing and God bless you.

Toiya Moffatt on Thursday, November 07, 2013 6:44 PM
Inspiring testimony! A true testament that our faith and obedience in conjunction with God's promise will only breed manifestation. Thank you for sharing Apostle Beth.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Saturday, November 09, 2013 12:25 AM
Toiya, thank you for stopping by to see the blog and Pastor Billy Dorsey's powerful testimony. I glad to know that it has encouraged you. God bless you.

Travis Mimms on Thursday, November 07, 2013 7:38 PM
Outstanding testimony. One that inspires many to continue in the gifts and callings that God has given. For truly the race does not go to the swift or the strong, but to he that endures until the end. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to the broadcast.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Saturday, November 09, 2013 12:27 AM
Travis, your comments on the blog about Pastor Dorsey's life story are a blessing. It encourages everyone who watches to endure the difficulties they face knowing that God is faithful to bring them through and bless them to succeed in their purpose. God Bless you!!

Candice Mimms on Thursday, November 07, 2013 8:09 PM
WOW!!! This is so awesome! The testimony of Pastor Billy Dorsey, Jr. demonstrates that with God all things are possible. I love how Pastor Dorsey knew that a reward was going to come through the testing of his faith in God. He stood on the word of God. As a result, God is using him as a witness to share his experiences with others. This is what it’s all about. God wants to show Himself strong through the lives of people. He desires to show His glory and His power in our lives. I’m looking forward to hearing Pastor Dorsey share more details on his walk with God during the broadcast tonight! God bless!

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Saturday, November 09, 2013 12:34 AM
Candice, thank you so much for sharing your heart on our community blog. You're correct in saying that it is the circumstances that we face that become a witness and testimony to others. Pastor Dorsey's story is a clear example of that. We all have a story and a testimony that would be an encouragement to others, but it requires for us to be transparent and humble in order for them to receive and be blessed by our witness.

Katrina on Thursday, November 07, 2013 8:32 PM
Pastor Dorsey's testimony is so encouraging to me! It shows that no matter who you are, no mater your background, or where you've been, God will use you! He is no respecter of persons and if he gives you a word it will surely come to pass. Just keep standing! Thank you for sharing your testimony.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Saturday, November 09, 2013 12:39 AM
Yes, Katrina, I definitely understand where you're coming from in your comments about Pastor Dorsey's story and how encouraging it is, especially when you are working diligently towards fulfilling very important goals in your life. It's very meaningful to see how God moved in his situation realizing that He'll do the same for you too. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our community blog. God bless you.

Tracie Fields on Thursday, November 07, 2013 10:10 PM
Such a powerful testimony. God will surely turn trials to triumphs and He will get the glory. We just have to hold on through all that we go through and believe God and take Him at his word. God will use every situation to get the best of what he has put in us out of us. Thank you for sharing this awesome testimony.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Saturday, November 09, 2013 12:41 AM
Tracie, thank you for sharing your comments on our community blog. It is a blessing to know that the post ministered to you. God bless you.