A Tribute to Our Father's

Let us praise those fathers who have striven to balance the demands of work, marriage, and children with an honest awareness of both joy and sacrifice. Let us praise those fathers who, lacking a good model for a father, have worked to become a good father.

Let us praise those fathers who by their own account were not always there for their children, but who continue to offer those children, now grown, their love and support. Let us pray for those fathers who have been wounded by the neglect and hostility of their children.

Let us praise those fathers who, despite divorce, have remained in their children's lives. Let us praise those fathers whose children are adopted, and whose love and support has offered healing.

Let us praise those fathers who, as stepfathers, freely choose the obligation of fatherhood and earned their step children's love and respect. Let us praise those fathers who have lost a child to death, and continue to hold the child in their heart.

Let us praise those men who have no children, but cherish the next generation as if they were their own.
Let us praise those men who have "fathered" us in their role as mentors and guides.

Let us praise those men who are about to become fathers; may they openly delight in their children.
And let us praise those fathers who have died, but live on in our memory and whose love continues to nurture us. ~Kirk Loadman

As we enter into the season in which we recognize, honor and celebrate our Fathers and their contributions in our lives let's also thank our heavenly Father God for His unfailing love, care, wisdom, provision, healing and presence as well.

A father is described by the word pater in the Greek language.  It means originator, progenitor, author, the one who is the head of the family, the one who trains and guides the children and the family, and the one who cares for you.  Truly our heavenly Father is all of these things and so much more to us. When we consider His love for us as His children, we are inspired and compelled to lavish our praises upon Him.

Let's not forget to honor our earthly fathers who bore us from their loins and gave us life. Let's be thankful for their presence, provision and love as well.  I remember my father's prayers for me when I was a young girl and had gotten hit by a car, which almost took my life. But, my father prayed and God healed me so completely until there isn't a trace of it ever having taken place.  That's how awesome it is to have a father to me.

When I even consider spiritual fathers in the Lord, and the significant roles they play I am thankful that God would see fit to bless us with more than a natural father, but also shepherds after His own heart to lead us and feed us the Word of God until we are nourished up, become strong, and spiritually healthy.  What a blessing it is to have fathers in the faith also.

1 Corinthians 4:15, "For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel."  (KJV)

Though there are a lot of people who are teaching, there are not many who have the gift, ability and grace to be a father.  There are also many men in the world who can impregnate a woman to have babies, but not all of them are wise enough to take on the responsibility to raise the children that are born from their loins.  It is for this reason that we have a disproportionate number of single parents and mothers raising their children alone.

If you are a father, it is time to take your place of responsibility and lead your family in the ways of the Lord, and raise your children up as righteous seed to serve the Lord.  It is also important to understand that as a father you are affecting generations to come.  If you neglect or relinquish your responsibility who will do it for you, or will someone else give your sons and daughters a false idea of who they are when God chose you to give them their true identity.

A father's role is so significant in the lives of his children and family until no one else can substitute for it or fulfill it unless God has given them special grace to do so for the sake of the children.  God knows all things!  You may be saying I never knew my father, or my father left when I was very young.  Your father may have passed away, and you no longer have the ability to call and talk things over with him.  Even so, be encouraged to know that your heaven Father will never leave, nor forsake you.  (Hebrews 13:5)

You may be an adult and yet have a deep inner longing for a father's love in your life. First of all I want to take this opportunity to emphasize the fact that you are not alone. There are many of God's precious people who have either been abandoned by their fathers, or whose fathers have passed away.  You are not a fatherless orphan.  It is an attack of the wicked one to destroy your inner peace and confidence, and if he can succeed he will rob you of your hope, purpose, and future. Don't allow the enemy to have one inch of space in your life.

Philippians 4:6-7, Be careful [anxious] for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. v.7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (KJV)

Our heavenly Father is always here to give us His peace.  He will comfort and strengthen your heart and mind through Christ Jesus, which embodies the love of God towards us because He gave His life to give you life and that more abundantly.  So, now you can live, have peace, and even thrive because He has chosen and adopted you into the family of God.

Galatians 4:6-7, "And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.  Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ."

On this coming Father's Day remember to celebrate and honor your earthly father, but be sure to exalt, praise and give honor to your heavenly father beyond measure.  Remember that you are loved, you are significant and you are important.  I want to take this opportunity to honor my father, Elder Cleophus Marshall, Sr. for teaching me to love and serve the Lord in spirit and in truth. I also want to honor my mentor and covering, HRM, King Adamtey I (known in private life as Dr. Kingsley Fletcher), for your continued prayers and support.  You both have made a huge difference in my life for which I am grateful.

A Father’s Day Prayer

God our Father,
in your wisdom and love you made all things.
Bless these men,
that they may be strengthened as Christian fathers.
Let the example of their faith and love shine forth.
Grant that we, their sons and daughters,
may honor them always with a spirit of profound respect.
Grant this through Christ our Lord.  Amen.

Please share your expressions of appreciation for your father or that person who is a father figure in your life, and most of all be sure to share your words of gratitude for our heavenly father on this month's blog and "Share" it with a friend.  Thank you.

21 Comments to A Tribute to Our Father's:

Marsha on Wednesday, June 05, 2013 10:22 AM
Such a blessing and words of encouragement that I've read in this special Father's Day blog. The importance of a Father and even the more a Godly father must not be taken for granted. My father is a man of few words, but his presence speaks loudly. He didn't always do everything right, but I applaud him for what he did. He stayed the coarse through testing, trial, and many tribulations. When I was younger, elementary school age, my father almost died in a very serious car accident, I remember it like it was yesterday. God brought him through and with it came many changes that my father made, which I believe help bring about greater stability within our home. I want to say thank you daddy for the man you were yesterday and for the many you are today, God bless you!

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Wednesday, June 05, 2013 12:09 PM
Marsha, I agree that having a father is not something to be taken for granted, but to be appreciated. Fathers might not be perfect, but they are who God in His sovereignty chose to bring us into this world. As a result, we should pray for them and give them honor according to Ephesians 6:2. It's always a joy to see your posts Marsha. God bless you.

TRACIE FIELDS on Wednesday, June 05, 2013 7:48 PM
I give honor to God my heavenly father whom without , I would have no father to celebrate. As Sis Marsha mentioned my daddy didn't always do everything right but I still consider him to be the greatest father in my eyes. Even though he and my mom divorced he was still an important part of my life. My daddy has always been there for me and it is because of his faithfulness to his children that I looked for the very same attributes in a man to marry and be a father to my children. Many things my father tried to instill in me when I was young I took them for granted but they are resurfacing and I'm applying them to my life. I thank God for my father and my grandfather who took me to church and taught me the importance of having God in my life to give me direction. It is because of these two men's love for family that I am the God fearing family oriented woman I am today. Through good and bad I am thankful to God for my father and the man he is.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Friday, June 07, 2013 9:47 PM
Tracie, your heartfelt words of appreciation and thankfulness for your father whom and grandfather are great. It's always appropriate to give honor to whom honor is due. Thank you for sharing your comments on our community blog. God bless you.

website link on Friday, June 07, 2013 6:38 AM
Remember that you are loved, you are significant and you are important.

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Friday, June 07, 2013 9:48 PM
Thank you for sharing on our oommunity blog. May God bless you likewise.

Dr. Stanley D. Williams on Saturday, June 08, 2013 12:57 PM
I thank God for the grace to be a Father, I have three wonderful son's who have become and are becoming men in their own right. I never knew my Father so God became my Father, it was and is by His example through Jesus Christ that I am what I am. The concept of being a Father reaches far beyond just being a man and being able to sire children. To be a true Father you have to have your head in the game. You have to understand in a real since what is at stake, no prize is more important to the devil than the future. Our son's and daughter's represent the future but without our influence the future could marred. There are powerful forces in the world today working to influence our children, if we as Father's don't have our head squarely in the game we will lose them. To have your head in the game means that you are aware of what's happening at a given time and be fully engaged. There are so many distractions that present themselves as if they are as important as the most important thing,the future. Some of the distractions are as follows: earning a living for the family, church, friends, yes and even entertainment. Though each of these things are important they can never replace the most important thing. Our children are the future believers, Doctor's, Lawyers, and Professional's they will take the gospel to the world, but we must have our head's in the game. None of us a believer's and Father's can afford to give the devil what He want's. It is time we get our head's in the game. Sala!

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:07 PM
Chief Apostle, your comments on our community blog as as insightful as ever. Thank you so much for sharing. A father's responsibility to his family is unmistakably important, and without it the children are put at risk of being misguided by bad influences in society. Every father should take not, and endeavor or strive to ensure that their presence makes a marked difference in the lives of their children each and every day.

Toiya Moffatt on Saturday, June 08, 2013 8:28 PM
I am so thankful for fathers. My natural father and I did not have a close relationship growing up and there were often times when I didn't understand why he did the things he did, but I can now appreciate where his heart was and the sacrifices he made just to remain present in my life. I am also grateful to God for mending our relationship and strengthening our bond in my adult years. I would also like to acknowledge my spiritual father, Apostle Dr.Stanley Williams, whose example has helped to heal and encouraged many wounded souls. Lastly, I praise and give glory to my Father in Heaven who is the very source of my life,future and joy and whose love for me surpasses any love that I've ever known.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:11 PM
Toiya, the most important part of your comments is that of thankfulness and appreciation for each father figure in your life. The Bible clearly commands us to "give honor to whom honor is due," but unfortunately so many of God's people fail to do so, and display a sheer lack of appreciation and honor for their fathers both naturally and spiritually. I appreciate your comments. God bless you.

Candice Mimms on Sunday, June 09, 2013 6:21 PM
I’m so thankful for my heavenly Father God who shows continual and unwavering love. I find strength and peace in knowing who I am in God through Christ Jesus. I’m thankful for my father, Minister Jeffrey Majors. Through the love and support of my earthly father, I’ve gained so much awareness and fulfillment in knowing who I am and knowing who I can become. The relationship I have with my father has allowed me to feel a sense of belonging. I remember there was a time when I didn’t quite understand characteristics I had until I began having a relationship with my father. Through our relationship I began to find out we shared a lot of the same characteristics. It was then that I truly began to really start recognizing who I was. I’m thankful for the guidance and support provided by my spiritual father Apostle Dr. Stanley Williams. And last, but certainly not least, I’m so grateful for my husband Minister Travis Mimms. It’s through my relationship with him that I not only receive the love from a loving husband, but I also receive a fatherly kind of love as well. Happy Father’s Day to all!!!

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:16 PM
Candice, thank you for sharing your heartfelt and genuine words of appreciation for the father figures in your life with us. You certainly are right in that it's a father who gives you that sense of identity about who you are even as early as you can remember. Whether he is your natural or spiritual father, his influence brings an awareness of who you are what what you can accomplish. This in an of itself is worth a 1000 words of gratitude. May God bless you for your words of gratitude and thanksgiving. It brings honor and glory to His name.

Buy Avastin on Monday, June 10, 2013 12:26 AM
That's the very nice post you have shared with us. I really like it. Please keep sharing more and more information.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:18 PM
Hello Friend, thank you for sharing your interest in our community blog. I hope you'll continue to visit and be enriched by the conversation. Have a good day!

olive M. Graham on Monday, June 10, 2013 9:23 PM
I thank God for my dad, though i've lost him forever. He was mindful of serving God. And that legacy has been passed on to his children. May he rest in peace.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:20 PM
Hello Olivia, It's always a pleasure to hear from those like yourself who remember to honor and acknowledge their father even if he has passed on and is no longer here on this earth. I believe there is a special blessing when we take to to remember their contribution to our lives. May God bless and enrich your life everyday!

klik hier on Tuesday, July 09, 2013 3:38 AM

Funding for public sector in NYC on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 4:36 AM
It's a nice blog that you have shared here about an attribute towards the father.And nice story that you have shared here.

paper writing services on Friday, August 16, 2013 12:52 AM
As my father is already in heaven - this types of tributes always makes me miss him more. I hope tributes will not only be done once a year- but more than that.

kutti machine manufacturer on Monday, August 26, 2013 6:28 AM

essays on Monday, September 30, 2013 6:01 AM
Yes, I know how much God loves me. His love for me is unconditional and limitless. I maybe be a sinner in front of others, but for Him I am her beloved daughter willing to accept His fair judgment.