A Mother's Love Never Fails

~by Kolongi

When we think of Mother, who she is and what her presence means to us, it creates a wonderful picture of someone who is a nurturer and genuinely caring.  There isn't anyone who can take the place of a Mother in the lives of her children.  She is self-sacrificing, giving, hard working, creative, and industrious.  This poem, "Mother & Child" resonates with my heart because of it's truth and accuracy.  It reads:

A mother's love begins before the child is born
And lasts through time
And difficulties
And differences
And many wounds
And days of joy
And days of sorrow
Winding, tearing
Weeping, changing
Until, at the end
What remains is that solid core
That began as love
Before the child was born.
~Author Anonymous

When we consider a mother's love for her children, I can't imagine anything that can compare to it in the whole wide world.  A mother's love is God's gift to humanity.  It is pure and genuine, honest and caring.  There's nothing like the tenacity and passionate way in which a mother will fight and sacrifice for her children to grow, progress, and be protected from all harm.  A mother's teaching, instruction and carefully crafted words of instruction which help us to build solid productive lives that are founded upon the principles of God's word are truly a reason to be thankful.  Certainly, there's nothing remotely close to the prayers which a mother renders up before the throne of God for her children. It is these prayers that kept us out of trouble, and safe from dangers seen and unseen many time. It was Mamma's prayers that caused evil to be removed, and cast into the midst of the sea so that we could live and prosper.

Most of us who are alive and saved today are here because of a praying Mother.  Honor and respect are in order when entreating a Mother.  She is God's gift to humanity for which nothing can compare.  Once she is gone there is an absence and a void that nothing can fill, but the mercy and grace of God to carry on until we all see each other again in heaven's corridors.

I want to personally dedicate this community blog conversation to my Mother, Marilyn E. Marshall-Pierce.  She is my champion, role model and mentor. Wow! I can't say enough about how blessed I am that God in His sovereign majesty and know-ledge allowed me to be born through the mastery of her womb and influence.  For that, I am forever grateful!

Proverbs 31:10-12, 27-31 (Holy Bible)

Proverbs 31:10, Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. v. 11, The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. v. 12, She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

Proverbs 31:27, She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. v. 28, Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her. v. 29, Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.     v. 30, Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised. v. 31, Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

We want to invite you to share your heartfelt sentiments and thoughts concerning your love and appreciation for your mother or significant mother figure with us. In closing, even though some may not have had a healthy relationship with your biological mother, or may not have known her at all, God will in His divine wisdom send you mothers after His own heart who will love, nurture and instruct you in a way that will make up the difference, because they are anointed to love and affirm you through God's grace.  Amen.

Feel free to share this blog with others so that they can participate in our group discussion regarding the significance of a Mother's love with us. Thank you so much!
(*Click the "Share" button and pass it along.)

Give her roses while she can still enjoy them.

16 Comments to A Mother's Love Never Fails:

rema on Wednesday, May 01, 2013 8:25 PM
Amen. Praise and thanks be to God! Tho since when i was young until i grown up until now,i didn't experience the care in physical and the comfort and love to my parents. bcoz i grown up to the other people who support me in my school studies until in High school.I am supporting with by my self as working student. and we are all 13 brothers and sisters.5 bro and 7 sisters and 1 is already in heaven together with my Dad. all i can say is Thank God its becoz tho i am not beside with them but i can feel d love of God and for them thanks God,and to my Mom.. i love her so much w/d love of Jesus Christ. for with o ut my Mom, i never see how beutiful the world Create by God.and thanks God, her i am now alive and without my Mom i never see how wonderful creation of the world God made.and with out my Mom i am not here now standing and praising and giving thanks and glory to His name above all name and that is Jesus Christ! for what he has done into my life. tho i have a lots experience and its to difficult that ur Mom is not besides u to see u and to take care if when u r sick or whats happening to you and sometimes u want to share but i thank God for i grow independent and thanks God for without Him. i am not here now.thanks be to God coz he never leave me nor forsake me. truly u will feel the love of God. and i can feel coz where ever i am He is their abiding me and His angel. and i know that my Mom is praying for me.I am so bless to you Apostle that u have Mom that anytime u need she is there to look up to u.Until now i am far with my Mom and tho we are not seeing every time in the net also I see only her 10 days for every two years.. but I thanks God coz i have this spiritual family who taking care with me. Thanks God!

Apostle Dr. Bethtina Williams on Thursday, May 02, 2013 12:49 PM
Rema, thank you for sharing your personal story and comments with us about your thankfulness and gratitude to God for blessing you to be here to experience His love in spite of the fact that you haven't always been able to be with you Mother. God still loves you and your family, and yes He has also given you a spiritual family in Christ to love you and minister to you. I am praying for you as well. God bless you.

Dr. Stanley D. Williams on Thursday, May 02, 2013 5:14 PM
It is a wonderful thing to have your mother available so that you can talk to her, spend time with her and to love her. If I could have my mother back it would be one of the most special gifts that God could ever give me. As I look back over the years and remember how much she cared for me, looked out for me and even defended me I am awed at her contribution to my life. To all of you that still have your mother's with you embrace these special moments you will cherish them for a life time.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Saturday, May 04, 2013 8:58 PM
Apostle Stanley, thank you for sharing from the genuineness of your heart, words of encouragement with us about the appreciation we should have for our mothers. A mother is a treasure of grace, wisdom and love that is irreplaceable. Praise God for her while she's her, because you can't replace her when she's gone. Again, thank you for sharing.

Marsha Wilson on Thursday, May 02, 2013 9:46 PM
A mother's love is truly a gift from God, there was a point in time when my mother and I did not have the best relationship, but thanks be to God that's not the case today. I'm thankful for a mother who is a praying woman, I thank God for my mother!

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Saturday, May 04, 2013 9:04 PM
Marsha, you're right, things don't always start off right, but if you remain prayerful and watch God work within relationships they can change for the better. Thank you for sharing your comments with us on our community blog. May God continue to bless you and your mother in every way.

Katrina Madden on Thursday, May 02, 2013 11:42 PM
I thank God for the role my Mother has had in my life. I remember my Mom making many sacrifices for us. She took a job cleaning to pay our tuition at a private school in New Jersey. She stayed up many nights to sew our easter outfits when she didn't have the money to buy them. And stayed up many a night's when we were sick, I even remember her standing up for us, even when we were wrong. LOL! But most importantly she taught us about Christ, prayed for us, and gave us spiritual direction. To this day I can always count on my Mom for pray and direction.

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Saturday, May 04, 2013 9:21 PM
Katrina, thank you for sharing your insight and comments on our community blog about the valued relationship and gratitude you have for your mother. It's a tremendous blessing to have a mother that you can count on for support and prayer when you need it. The memories of things our mothers did for us during our youth is wonderful. Those were the days when it seemed life was so easy, but as we grew and became adults we found that life can be extremely challenging. That's when we learned how to appreciate the prayers, love and support that our mothers give us even more.

TRACIE FIELDS on Friday, May 03, 2013 9:04 PM
I'm sure many people feel as I do about their mother, like she is the best mother in the world. I thank God for my mother because I know her story. She was 16 years old when She gave birth to me but she overcame many obstacles and raised me to be the strong woman I am. I watched my mother work two jobs and still be there for me and my brother. I remember her going without many things so that she could provide for us. She did everything she could to give us a childhood that she did not have. Even now she still gives of her love time and resources to her children grandchildren and great grandchildren. As a child she couldn't be my friend but now that I'm grown my mother is my best friend. I am a mommas girl. I could go on forever talking about my mom but I will end with great thanks to God for blessing me with my mom.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Saturday, May 04, 2013 9:44 PM
Amen & Amen Tracie, your sentimental words of appreciation and thankfulness of your mother are beautiful, almost poetic. They're a reflection of the kind of love that never ends; that kind of love that is selfless, giving, and unfailing. What a blessing it is indeed to have a mother after God's own heart. God bless you.

Toiya Moffatt on Sunday, May 05, 2013 5:19 AM
I thank God for spiritual mothers and mother figures. Although many people have a great relationship with their biological mothers filled with fond memories and thoughts of admiration, there are those who have a different story. I thank God for the varied ways that my mother has contributed to my life....but I praise God for my spiritual mother and the mother figures that He placed in my life who have helped to foster the woman and mother that I have become.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Thursday, May 09, 2013 10:15 AM
Toiya, thank you for contributing to our community blog. It is those mothers who are virtuous in character and wisdom who have made such a significant impact upon our lives. Their example has helped to shape and mold us into the women and mothers that we are today, by the word of God. Have a joyous and happy Mother's Day! God bless you.

Nikki Godbolt on Tuesday, May 07, 2013 12:25 AM
I truly praise, honor, and thank my God for my mother, Ms. Mary Godbolt! She is truly a proverbs 31 woman. She taught me and my siblings how to pray at an young age. Even when things got tough she never abandon us. I can remember her working three jobs just to make sure we had everything we needed. She has always been there for me. Her love goes beyond words. I love my mommy and I wonldn't trade her for the world!

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Thursday, May 09, 2013 10:19 AM
Nikki, your words of appreciation for your mother are quite touching. They reflect your gratitude for who God chose to bring you into this world, and also to set you on the right path to serve Him. Mothers are a blessing to us, and help us in ways in which no one else would. Thank you for sharing your comments with us. May God bless you and your Mother with His joy and peace everyday.

Candice Mimms on Monday, May 13, 2013 10:37 PM
I'm so thankful for my mother. Since I was a little girl I can remember how she displayed strength and confidence even in the worst circumstances. My mother has walked a life that's founded upon Godly principles and she's taught these principles to myself and my three siblings. Once again, Happy Mother's Day Mommy and I love you! Thank you for being so full of faith.

Travis Mimms on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:21 AM
A mother's love is truly special indeed. I thank God for my mother, my spiritual mother, grandmother, aunts, and ever woman who has a mother's heart that has impacted my life for the better!