PRAY, PREPARE, PERFORM & EXECUTE IN 2013!!!

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

For this month’s blog our text will be focused on Acts 1:12-14, regarding the first church at Jerusalem.

Acts 1:14 says, “These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.”

In the context of Scripture, Christ had just ascended to heaven and His disciples went back to upper room and prayed.

I. Prayer
Prayer is the most important thing a Christian MUST do in the New Year!  Personally, I live in the spirit of prayer, and I pray as I walk around, when I lie down at night and when I rise up in the morning. It is through prayer that God provides me with the answers to my needs continually. Thousands upon thousands of times my prayers have been answered. Once I am persuaded that a thing is right and for the glory of God, I go on praying for it until the answer comes, and I never give up!  In Romans 15:30 Paul said, "Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive (synagônizomai – We get our word "agonize" from this word) together with me in your prayers (Proyooskai – earnest prayers) to God for me.” I was visiting a particular church for a conference and a little boy being carried out of church for misbehaving cried out, "ya'll pray for me, ya hear?" He wanted "earnest prayer.

Never become complacent in prayer; praying the same prayer at meals, bedtime, over and over.  Your prayer life should be ever developing in earnest heartfelt prayers out of a deepening relationship with God every day. In 1 Thessalonians 5:17, Paul said, "Pray without ceasing."  This has to do with an attitude of prayer. This doesn't mean that you are to stay on your knees all the time. But it means to pray regularly and to be constantly in the attitude of prayer. Associated with it is this commandment, “In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
Jesus told the church at Ephesus that "Thou hast left thy first love." How did this happen? It happened first and foremost by a lack of communing with God. Consider this, if husbands and wives try to maintain a good healthy relationship by not talking to one another and see how it works out, or if parents try and keep the respect of your children and not communicate with them and see what happens. Of course, it won’t work. The relationships will be damaged or even fail.

When we ignore our prayer time and take it for granted, and it becomes second, third or fourth place in our lives, it can do nothing but go downhill. And then we wonder, "Where is God when I need Him? Where has He gone?"  Well, the answer is where were you when He beckoned you to come into His presence and you were too busy or would not? All too often people expect God to do for them what they weren't willing to be committed to do for Him.  Remember that prayer is an essential and vitally necessary part of our lives in 2013.

II. Preparation
Acts 1:21-26 says, “Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, v.22, Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection. v.23, And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias. v.24, And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen, v.25, That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place. v.26, And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.”

The disciples knew that Jesus had told them that the Holy Spirit was going to come upon them and they were waiting for that to happen. But in the meantime, they also knew that there was work to be done. They had to prepare themselves as best they could in order to carry out their assignment properly. The first thing they did after prayer was to prepare. First they had to get another disciple to replace Judas Iscariot. But notice; they prayed through their preparation. They never lost sight of the fact that in order to properly prepare, they had to pray about it. We MUST go through the preparation process and pray for God’s divine wisdom and counsel as we transition into a New Year.

You can't run a Youth Ministry, Sunday School class, preach a sermon, conduct a business meeting or anything else without proper preparation. Pastors certainly can't preach without preparation, and teachers can't teach without preparation. We have to prepare for success intentionally. And by the way, we also have to prepare to make adjustments! Not everything we do is going to be a success the first time that we try. Sometimes we are going to make mistakes. I truly believe that God allows us to do so, so that we can't get a "Big Head" and fall into pride! If everything went perfectly all the time, we, as human beings, would get a head that no hat would ever fit. Sometimes God has to take us down to build us up. One of the biggest keys to proper preparation is to make sure that what we are planning is according to God's sovereign will. We put the horse before the cart when we prepare or plan without making sure that what we are doing is okay with God. Once all the praying and preparation is done, then it is time to perform and execute.

III. Performance & Execution:
Acts 2:4 says, “And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.” Now look at verse 14, "But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words..”  Notice how that when they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, they immediately started performing what God had commanded them to do. Not one time do you read in the Bible that any of the disciples said, "I’m afraid so I better wait to do anything for God." Not at all!!! Immediately they started serving God.  The Holy Ghost comes upon the believer to empower them to do the work of them ministry, and to execute the purposes and will of God in their communities and in the world. Christians should use all of their resources – gifts, talents, skills, and expertise to further the witness of Jesus Christ everywhere. Everyone, men, women, boys and girls are called to perform once they get saved. There are too many rocking chair pew warming Christians and not enough Christians who are standing on the Rock executing God’s will in the earth. That leads me to say also that whatever God calls you to do, you should do it with all your heart, soul and mind. If you work for God, work with all your heart. Give it all you've got. Do whatever it takes to get it done.
And if you do all this, look in Acts 2:41, "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls." Three thousand souls added to the church in one day! Read on in verses 46-47, "And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, v.47, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.”  When it’s done right, God's plan works!!!

In closing, Who is going to make 2013 the best year ever? The pastors can't do it alone, and the deacons can't do it. It takes all of us! God's church, His body united together for one cause (for once) to reach the lost for Jesus Christ.   IT’S TIME to PRAY, PREPARE, PERFORM & EXECUTE in 2013!!!  JOIN IN & BE A PART OF GOD'S SPECIAL FORCES OF PRAYER THAT ARE PREPARING, PERFORMING & EXECUTING HIS WILL IN THE EARTH TODAY. NOW IS THE TIME!!!

Please share your comments on our community blog.  We look forward to hearing from you. Be sure to click the "Share" button & share it with your friends as well, and be faithful until the end. Optimum Kingdom Blessings!

16 Comments to PRAY, PREPARE, PERFORM & EXECUTE IN 2013!!!:

Tracie on Tuesday, January 01, 2013 2:37 PM
Pray , prepare, perform and execute. Thank you for such insight and a reminder of exactly how to do the things God has called me to do. The conversation and communion with God sets the stage for every single aspect of my life. It can't be ignored. To ignore communication with God is to ignore the instructions for my life. Without the instructions I can't properly prepare thereby I'm unable to complete the rest of the process successfully (performance and execution). This simple 4 step plan, if followed consistently will ensure that Gods will for me is fulfilled .. God bless you Apostle Beth for your wisdom and insight and for sharing it with us.

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 2:08 PM
Tracie, your comments are well spoken. Without prayer you will be ill prepared to carry out the "process" of executing and performing your divine assignment in 2013. It is the intimacy of prayer (having a conversation with God), that gives you the divine revelation and strategy for what God desires of you. Then you can begin to prepare what is necessary to actualize and carry it out successfully. Prayer is the key to everything! Optimum Kingdom Blessings!!!

Dr. Stanley D. Williams on Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:21 PM
The two things addressed in this blog are crucial to the Christian life. The first thing addressed is prayer,this is the highest priority in the kingdom. We see the Master throughout His time on earth exercising prayer as a means of empowerment and as an example unto us. He taught His disciples to pray and we are encouraged through scripture to pray without ceasing, to pray for those who are in authority and to even pray for our enemies. Jesus often went off alone into a private place to pray and sometimes He prayed all night. One thing is for sure, He exercised the power of God and much of it was due to His prayer life. The second topic spoken of in this blog is the preparation. One of the most important things that my mentor taught me during out times of training was, "if you don't plan to succeed you plan to fail." Preparation always precedes manifestation. Manifestation comes as a result of preparation in prayer, development of spiritual gifts and the exercising of faith. Preparation is defined as: The activity of getting ready for some future act or event. You must get ready for what God wants to do through you in this life. It will not come about by haphazardness, but preparation is done on purpose. You must prepare yourself in the word if you are going to preach effectively, your must prepare yourself in prayer if you are going to relate to God effectively, and finally you must prepare your heart for the fulfillment of divine purpose. Get ready God is preparing to use you in His service. Once again my lovely wife has done a marvelous job or hearing from God.

Dr. Stanleey D. Williams on Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:36 PM
As I closed out my comment above I remembered that there was another topic mentioned in this blog and that was perform. To perform means to carry and assignment to completion. If God gave you an assignment would you continue until you finished or would you give up and quit if things got difficult. I like Paul because he finished his course. He ran a good race and did not get off track. We notice that throughout Paul's ministry he suffered hunger, persecution, loneliness, being jailed, being stoned and shipwreck but he stayed the course. The word perform is defined in the Word Web etymology dictionary as "the carrying out of a function, to get something done and finally it signifies to act out." We are called to perform God's will, and it behooves all of us to finish the course that we have been commissioned to carry out with joy. We should all be like Paul and be able to say to Timothy's generation, "I have finished my course", I have performed well, now I pass the torch.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 11:48 AM
Apostle Stanley, once again you have shared from the depth of the well of wisdom God has given to you. The importance of having a praying spirit cannot be emphasized enough.It is prayer that opens up the gateway for us to experience good success. We are empowered and receive divine direction in prayer that in turn allows us to prepare according. Proper preparation precedes manifestation. When we pray and prepare properly, then we can execute and perform all that God has designated for us to accomplish. In 2013, we want to perform well and finish our Divine assignment in Jesus name!

Toiya Moffatt on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 8:21 PM
As like you Apostle, I live in prayer. I too believe that once I find something that when applied yields positive results, it should be used continuously. I believe in order and strategic execution of plans, therfefor prayer is essential. I have found that prayer brings my thoughts into focus when obscured. Prayer gives peace when troubled and strengthens me in Him when I feel burdened. I have also found prayer to be my greatest source to gaining Godly advice, instruction and insight for every area of my life. I whole-heartly agree that we as the children of God will need to be in prayer in this year like never before in order to gain the fortitude to execute the will of God....I am on your army. God bless you Dr.Williams.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 11:56 AM
Toiya, thank you for sharing your comments in our community blog this month. Consistence in prayer brings positive results. We are blessed to receive, divine strategies, focus and peace of heart when we pray. Prayer also lifts burdens and destroys yokes. It empowers the believe to execute and carry out the will of God every day. Have a blessed and glorious year as you continue to pray, prepare, perform and execute God's will in 2013!!

Nikki Godbolt on Friday, January 04, 2013 10:19 PM
I believe prayer is essential in prepareing for and excuting Gods will in the earth and in our lives for 2013! We need the counsel and the wisdom of God and it comes through prayer and the word of God! Prayer is Powerful! It allows us to build our relationship with the Father. If we talk to anyone on a daily basics it should be God! The more we commune with him the more like him we become and then you can't help but execute his will! Thanks Apostle! Love ya!

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 12:39 PM
Nikki, praise God for your deep commitment to prayer, intercession and spiritual warfare! It is through prayer that we build our relationship with God, which is vital to how we conduct our lives every day. In order to experience a year filled with the glory, blessings, accomplishments and successes that God desires for us, we must have a conversation with Him in prayer. Then, He will supply the wisdom that we need to execute His commands. May your year be filled with God's favor and good success as you continue to pray and not faint in Jesus Mighty Name!! Amen.

Allen Wilson on Saturday, January 05, 2013 10:26 PM
Prayer give you access to God so you can prepare to execute what you need to perform to advance the Kingdom of God or the purposes of in your life.

Apostle Bethtina Williams on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 12:43 PM
Allen, it's always good to hear from you and read your comments on our community blog. The access that prayer gives us is incredible. It is through the right and privilege that we've been given to "come boldly before the throne of grace" that we receive strength and empowerment to perform and fulfill our purpose in life. May God bless and encourage you to pray without ceasing to know what the will of the Lord is, and to do all His commands in 2013!!

Marsha Wilson on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:02 AM
First I want to say thank you Apostle Bethtina, for your devotion to consistently bring forth teachings that are relative to our everyday lives and for your words of wisdom. After I read the blog and began to meditate on what I had read this is what came to me, prayer opens a pathway to communion and fellowship with God. Prayer brings things into focus and allows us to see more clearly. With clear vision we can see and therefore know where we're going. I believe God is calling us to have sharper vision so that we'll not only see, but know exactly where we're going in 2013! This is truly a time to get before God and pray, prepare, perform, & execute the will of our Fahter.

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:21 PM
Marsha, thank you so much for sharing your comments on our community blog this month. I am especially glad to know that the blog was a blessing and had an impact upon your life.

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:20 PM

Boago Maemo on Tuesday, April 09, 2013 3:05 AM
we thank the Lord for sharing this great insight with us in preparation for His will in 2013! Botswana shall be saved

www on Friday, July 03, 2015 10:16 AM
Set up in our decorations in numerous parts you can get a topic, because Plain floors or simply poor sturdiness systems wear out too quickly