How Important is Your Family to You?

Let's Talk About the Importance of Family

Recently I had the wonderful opportunity to visit my family in the state of Texas.  It was the most remarkable trip I've ever had, because we shared our love, memories, and time, sang and celebrated our God in worship together.  The best part of it all was spending quality time with my mother who's a jewel and precious woman of God to all of us.  I reminisced on old times when we grew up together, me and my five siblings, and how incredible our lives were in those developmental stages.  We have always been a tight knit family.  We've struggled together, prayed together, played together, even argued and gotten spankings together.  Now, that we're all living in different places of our own, with adult children ourselves it's such a joyful and refreshing experience to see each other's faces and celebrate the lives God has blessed us to live.  We are a family of the deepest love for each other and faith in God.

How Important is Your Familty to You?

You don't choose your family.  They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.  ~Desmond Tutu

Leave your comments on our Community Blog.
You need Flash Player in order to view this.
Dr. Stanley & Dr. Bethtina Williams Family In Florida
Dr. Williams Family Talks About Family Life And Gives Tips That Everyone Can Use. This Is A Sample Lesson From Our Free Site, So Sign Up Now! http://www.MPoweringLives.org

40 Comments to How Important is Your Family to You?:

laquita harmon on Thursday, March 08, 2012 8:23 PM
When I think of family I think of Love, helping hand, laughter, fights, sadness, memories, telling stories of childhood, hugging, saying I love you cause often times we dont say even though we do love, encouraging my family especially my kids, learning together and listening to one another, and worship and going to church. Through the differences Love and God is the core.

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Saturday, March 10, 2012 12:03 AM
Laquita, your thoughts about how meaningful your family is to you are absolutely heart-warming and beautiful. Thank yo u for sharing the joys of family relationship with us. Optimal Blessings!!!

Toiya Moffatt on Thursday, March 08, 2012 11:46 PM
I agree with you Apostles, family is such a special and important entity in my life as well. I especially loved how you mentioned the importance of discovering the uniqueness in each individual child and not to impose your wants or desires upon them. I have found this to be especially effective in my family as it encourages my children to be everything God has called them to be while letting them know that they are appreciated and special, therefore(as you mentioned)keeping them on my team as well and diverting them from having to seek their identity through other avenues in the world, which at often times can end in a catastrophe. The other point you touched on, that I found to be so important, is "time", we have to spend quality time with our children, which like any relationship in necessary in order to secure a healthy, strong and close knit bond. I thank God for allowing me to see my children as gifts and for teaching me how to embrace the gifts he has given them. God Bless You and thank you for sharing this week's blog.

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Saturday, March 10, 2012 12:09 AM
Toiya, thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding how important your family is to you, and especially how important it is to recognize the unique differences in each child, spend quality time with them and bond into a close knit family unit. I always enjoy reading your comments. I look forward to the next time. God bless you.

Edith Neal on Thursday, March 08, 2012 11:51 PM
I come from a very large family I am the youngest of eleven children my Mother was a very faithful Minister. She instilled in all of her children the value of the love of God. Because of that value we are a very close loving family. We gather together at least once or twice a year because we all live in different states. We share laughter and memories of our loved ones that we have lost and deeply miss. We cherish each other and embrace our hearts because we are all one heartbeat. We are blessed and we know all the prayers our parents prayed over us the Lord still holds in the palm of His hands.

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Saturday, March 10, 2012 12:14 AM
Edith, like I also come from a large family, and the deep relationships that we share is wonderful. My mother also prayed earnestly over our lives and continues to do so unto this very day. The memories that we share and the bond that we have is something to cherish for a lifetime. Thank you for sharing your beautiful comments with us on the community blog. Optimal Blessings to you and your family!!!

Latresa Lawson on Friday, March 09, 2012 12:15 AM
Family is very important to me. I believe strong family values such as prayer,love, support, encouragement, and laughter help build stronger families. When we teach our children the Word of God, and let them that God has a plan for their lives at an early age our children are more focused and set better goals for themselves. When we know who we are in Christ we have the confidence we need to succeed in all that we put our hands too. God Bless!

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Saturday, March 10, 2012 12:20 AM
Latresa, there is nothing like the love, support and prayers that a family provides for one another especially when it is established upon the standards of God's word. It is true that when you teach your children the word of God it prepares them to make proper choices and decisions in life. Thank you for sharing how important your family is to you on our community blog. May God bless you richly in every way.

TRACIE FIELDS on Friday, March 09, 2012 8:27 PM
My family is extremely important to me. After God, my family is most important to me. I am so thankful for my husband , 3 sons and my daughter. Even though I have a set of identical twins , I realize the differences in them as well as my other 2 children. I have learned to encourage them in their dreams and aspirations. I truly enjoy watching my children come into their own. I’m a momma’s girl and miss spending time with my mother because we live in different states, so time with my mom is so important to me and I love going back home and spending quality time with her. My daughter also lives out of state so its important for me to stay in contact with her and to hear how her life away from mom is. My paternal grandparents taught us the importance of family and putting God as the head of the family. Laughter and love keeps our family strong. Our relationship seems odd to many because we crack jokes and make fun of each other , but its all in love . God has truly blessed me with a family that prays, helps and loves each other through the good and the not so good.

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Saturday, March 10, 2012 12:30 AM
Tracie, thank you for sharing your comments on how important your family is to you on our community blog. It's always good to see and hear how a strong family unit bonds together and supports one another as yours does. Your ability to love and support the unique differences in each of your children is a very important aspect of successful parenting skills. Your ability to stay in contact with your mother and daughter despite the distance (miles) that are between you is also very important to maintaining a strong healthy family bond. Time nor distance should never separate family members when the bond of love remains strong. Your insights on family are very special and touching. Thank you once again for sharing so candidly with us. I'm looking forward to next time. Optimal Blessings!!!

Candice Mimms on Saturday, March 10, 2012 12:27 AM
Being a part of a family is such a beautiful thing. It is also a very powerful thing. Family members can have a great amount of influence. For instance, when a child is born, he or she instantly joins a family. Throughout their years of being with that family, they learn certain characteristics and behaviors that can help navigate and enhance their direction in life. Every day I thank God for my family because with their love and support, I’m able to learn and go further in life. I thank God for my husband and our child. Just today, I was looking at one of our family photos. It spoke many things to me. Through this one photo, I saw the years to come and I saw the years we already shared. I saw the time in which we faced challenging trials and I saw the time we experienced joy. Most importantly, I saw the years that we shared together as a family under the direction of God.

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Saturday, March 10, 2012 12:41 AM
Candice, you are right in your assertion that a family is "a beautiful thing." Influence is probably one of the greatest factors that affects every individual in the family unit for many years into the future. Influence helps to shape the experience, character, views, and personality traits of everyone, whether positively or negatively. For this reason, it is vitally to use the power of our influence well keeping the future in mind. A family unity shapes lives, and most of all gives birth to new ones. It is a place where we all share the pains and struggles of life together, tears and laughter, fun and successes of each member. There's no other unit like family in the whole wide world. Most of all I'm glad to be in the family of God, because that's where we share His love for a lifetime and throughout eternity. Optimal Blessings!!!

Nikki N, Godbolt on Saturday, March 10, 2012 2:51 AM
I honor God for family! When I think about the family that God has blessed me with, I smile. I would not change my family for anything! My family and I have always been a close knit family! We have been through some tough and rough times in our lives but God has brought us through everytime! We always stick together, pray together, laugh together, cry together, and so much more! My uncle Maxie Lee Goodyear recently pasted away and I watched how our family began to gather together and comfort and encourage one another! That touched my heart! Family truly is a Beautiful thing!

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Saturday, March 10, 2012 12:56 PM
Nikki, family is a blessing and a beautiful thing. The close knit relationships are what brings much needed support in times of grief and sorrow at the passing of a loved one, but it also brings great joy and laughter in times of celebration. I particularly like your comment about "I would not change my family for anything." No matter who our family members are they are ours, and no one else can substitute for family when the love is there genuine and true.

Dr. Stanley D. Williams on Saturday, March 10, 2012 10:09 AM
It is my opinion that there is nothing like family. The closeness, memories and love of a family are among the most precious gifts that life has to offer. As I see my sons grow into young men and prepare to embark upon their individual life journeys, I am reminded every day how precious they are to me. When I look into the eyes of my beautiful wife and think about the wonderful woman God gave to me I fall on my knees and thank Him. On a larger scale I think about my brothers and sister's who I love so dearly and often reminisce. The years have been so precious and the time we get to spend together so short until I just want to tell them I love them everyday. Remember to tell you family members that you love them while they are alive, don't wait until some tragic occasion do it now. Remember, when everyone else is gone your family will be by your side.

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Saturday, March 10, 2012 1:12 PM
Dr. Stanley, my dear husband, thank you for sharing your warm heartfelt thoughts about me and our family on the blog. I also believe that family should be appreciated and celebrated with showers of love and thanksgiving to God. There is no other unit on earth like one's own family. It is for this reason that we should always say I love you and show one another how much we do as often as possible. I love you my dear, and appreciate who you are in my life beyond measure. I am grateful to God for the children we have together. Our family is a blessing from the Lord.

Marsha Wilson on Saturday, March 10, 2012 7:55 PM
What can I say about family....my family is very near and dear to my heart. Although I do not have a lot of siblings (1 brother) I grew up with many, many cousins around me and we were all more like brothers and sisters than cousins. We've been through a lot together, joy, sadness, accomplishments, yes and even spankings. When I was a teen, my mother and I had a very rocky relationship, but thanks be to God we are in a much better place. I love her and my father dearly and I am thankful to God for them and the constant love they show me. I cherish every moment that God allows me to have with my family near and far, it is a blessing and one that's not to be taken lightly.

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:04 PM
Hello Marsha, thank you for sharing your beautiful comments with us on the blog. There are many people, such as yourself, who don't have a lot of brothers and sisters, but have many cousins who are just as connected and close to them as sisters and brothers. I especially liked how you shared about how your relationship with your mother has developed and become a treasure to you with such transparency. Your family is a wonderful reflection of what it means to love another. Thank you for sharing it with us. Optimal Blessings!

Allen Wilson on Sunday, March 11, 2012 12:59 AM
For reasons beyond my control, I did not grow up in what we may consider a good family environment - no access to father, brother(s), and sister(s), grandparent(s), uncle(s), aunt(s), and cousin(s) until my early 20s. It was just my mother & I against the world. We did not have a great relationship. In my early 20's & newly married, I had to discover what family is about. For reasons beyond my control, God called me into the greatest family on the earth - the Body of Christ. Over the years, I have been nutured by father(s)(pastors & elders like Apostles Stan & Bethtina Williams), mothers, uncles (like Apostle Carnes & Bishop Hatcher), aunts(like Dr. Cindy Trimm), grandfathers (like the late Bishop George D. Lee III and now Dr. Kingsley Fletcher) and associated with brothers & sisters from all over the world. I have learned much & still much to learn, but I thank God for the spiritual family and lineage that He has place me in.

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:11 PM
Allen, thank you for sharing your comments concerning the meaning of family to you. It is an amazing account of why we should never take any of our relationships for granted, but to treasure each and everyone of them, because they are a gift from God. Not everyone has the kind of experience, like you've shared with us, to be surrounded with brothers and sisters in what is generally viewed as the "Great American Family." There are many people whose experience is everything but that, and the memories aren't necessaritly picturesque. I want to commend your for being so candid in sharing your personal experience with us, and for considering myself, Apostle Stanley and more importantly the body of Christ to be your family. Spirit can be thicker than blood, especially when you're connected by the blood of Jesus.

J. D. Smith on Monday, March 12, 2012 2:38 PM
Family means love, security, acceptance and meaning (meaning I define as a sense purpose and destiny and that I really don't have to be just like you). I am allowed to develop and I allow those around me to become and develop in all God called and desired us to be. To accept one another even in our faults and the willingness to help each other work through them to heal and not kill. See Eccl 4:9-12; Paul's prayers in Eph.1& 3.

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:23 PM
James, Sr., thank you for sharing your comments with us on our community blog. I love the way you put things and bring out the essence of what family means to you via love, support and allowing each member to develop and be themselves with the full support of the family unit. I look forward to hearing from you again soon. God bless you.

Travis Mimms on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:55 AM
Family is very important. God has given each member of the family a role, whether the father, mother, sister, brother, etc. How we carry out the role is important. If we can master each role within the family unit, we will be able to master the roles in the church, workplace, government, etc. The foundation is at home within the family. I am reminded of what was spoken by the man of God apostle Carnes, “we must out love each other, out serve each other, and out forgive each other.” Our blessings are connected to the body.

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:37 PM
Travis, thank you for sharing your comments with us on the blog. The roles that each family member plays are very important to the whole family. Your insight regrading mastering our roles in the home relative to our roles in other places is noteworthy. Then,the ability to serve, love and forgive one another are premiere to maintaining strong bonds in every relationship. God bless you.

laquita harmon on Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:01 PM
All I am able to say to tonights broadcast is WOW, at a lost for words. It was so awesome.

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Thursday, March 22, 2012 12:04 AM
Wonderful! I'm glad you were blessed by it. Thank you for watching. Our desire is to minister to you.

Laquita Harmon on Thursday, March 29, 2012 9:24 PM
The Holy Spirit is always with us no matter what we are going through or how we might feel alone sometimes, it is a comfort to be reminded that His Spirit is always with us. I like how Apostle Beth put it God will not give you an assignment and leave you powerless. God is with us.

mens louis vuitton wallet on Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:02 AM
I like your articles, your article is very attractive, let I can understand a lot of truth, learned a lot of knowledge. I will focus on your article, pay attention to you. I hope you try harder. I will always support you.

Longines Les Ravissantes Fake Watch on Sunday, April 14, 2013 7:55 PM
We specialize in the brands that we feel are the undisputed leaders in luxury watches' world. Brands like Rolex, Gucci, Longines, and IWC are trendsetters to the extreme, each with its own unique style.

sex toys online on Sunday, May 05, 2013 7:57 PM
A generous candid, ardent and high minded disposition, There is a strong inclination to science, literature, religion, study, travelling, the higher cultivation of the mind, or to any of the subjects dear to those b.

budget tibet tour on Sunday, May 19, 2013 1:07 AM
Hi there would you mind letting me know which webhost you're using? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different web browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you recommend a good internet hosting provider at a honest price? Many thanks, I appreciate it!

tibet travel experience on Sunday, May 19, 2013 5:55 AM
Hi there very nice website!! Guy .. Excellent .. Superb .. I will bookmark your web site and take the feeds also?I am glad to find a lot of helpful information right here within the put up, we'd like develop extra techniques on this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

cheap christian louboutin shoes on Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:55 AM
The mud bogging sport combines the thrill of racing, the fun that comes from off-road racing, the love of performance vehicles and the love that little boys have of playing in the mud, which many adults still have.

sex toys online on Tuesday, June 04, 2013 9:24 PM
to be prepared for a lot of planning, facility designing and focused fundraising. Here are a few initial considerations to make before you start your own animal welfare center "" The first thing to consider is the type of animals you intend to rescue. A

sex toys online on Monday, June 10, 2013 10:49 PM
sing funds for social good is often a controversial issue since many projects remain incomplete because of the lack of funding. Whether you intend to get your petitions passed by the Supreme Court of India or intend to build a shelter for abandoned girls, here are some recommended step

brilliant gem shoulder bags with charming of celine bag discount on Friday, July 12, 2013 9:26 PM
Brand soul Eugenio Brock said in an interview with the newspaper , celine Bags never stop considering latest life philosophy, since entering the England business world . celine has set up shop in India Berlin , Paris and other major cities more than 8 hundred. Join this London fashion week is the hope to giving a broader investment options in Bags

sexy costumes uk on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 10:20 PM
I like this web blog very much so much excellent information. The worst solitude is to be destitute of sincere friendship.

" Best Candid Photographer in Jaipur " on Wednesday, June 25, 2014 4:00 AM
serene intriguing, assuredly you will comprise thinks

adres www on Wednesday, August 20, 2014 9:31 AM
however a good quality choice to one of the residing parts with regard to children When selecting a latest coloration retail outlet actually carefully guided by means of a factor

Amber Chadwick on Friday, August 14, 2015 4:10 PM
Simply desire to say your article can be Just as astonishing. ones clearness In your post is usually only outstanding AND my partner and i could assume you might be an expert on this subject.