The Power of Purity

The Book of Matthew 5:8, in the Bible says, "Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God."  Purity represents that which is clean and undefiled in nature. It also denotes the kind of heart that can "see" has comprehension of the revelation of God in the person of Jesus Christ, who is also the living Word of God embodied in the flesh and manifested to man. (John 1:1, 14)  A pure heart is one which can receive illumination, revelation and manifest the power of God in the earth with the corresponding victory of eternal life.  Every believer should earnestly desire purity of heart because it is the kind of heart that God will bless and reveal Himself to in power, dominion authority, and glory.

The Bible says, "The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it."  Proverbs 10:22

To be blessed by God means that your life will be enriched with His presence, grace, favor, health, peace, liberal pools of prosperity and corresponding provision. The blessing is holistic in dimension.  It affects every area of your life in every way that is wholesome, life giving and beneficial.  Your desire to see the revelation of God's promises and perfect will concerning your life should motivate and encourage you to pursue Christ with all of your strength.  To "make rich" and "add no sorrow" pertains to being made wealthy (spirit, soul, and body), and obtaining the full benefits of the covenant promises of God without any misery or hardship added.  Please understand that this does not mean that you are exempt from challenges, tests, and trials in life, but it does mean that God is on your side and He always causes us to triumph in Christ Jesus in accordance to 2 Corinthians 2:14.

We're living in an hour in which everything that can be shaken is being shaken (Hebrews 12:25-27), and it is crucial for all of God's people to ensure that purity of heart, character, and alignment with our Father in heaven is maintained at all times.  During this time of shaking souls are being weighed in the balance and God does not judge as man does.  The book of Acts 17:30, in the Amplified Bible clarifies it this way, "Such [former] ages of ignorance God, it is true, ignored and allowed to pass unnoticed; but now He charges all people everywhere to repent (to change their minds for the better and heartily attend to their ways, with abhorrence of their past sins)."  It is sin that separates us from God, but it's confession and repentance from sin that restores us back to the Father by faith in the shed blood and sacrificial offering of Jesus Christ on the Cross in our sted.

"How shall we escape (appropriate retribution), if we neglect (refuse to give attention to) so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him.."
Hebrews 2:3

1 John 1:8-9, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

I love how David spoke concerning personal repentance, cleansing and purification from his sins inPsalms 51:1-13,

"<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.> Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee."

David did not try to hide his sins, failures and short comings before God, but he openly acknowledged them, and earnestly sought for God's forgiveness, cleansing and restoration.  Every believer should use his example to humbly yield and submit ourselves before the Lord in turning away from all forms of sin, and return to adherence to the Holy character of Christ.  Being restored back to God's character, image and likeness is what empowers us with dominion authority and causes the blessing and favor of God to be release upon our lives according to His original intent and purpose.  The decision is yours to make.  Think about it this way, is sin really worth the price of being separated from the blessing and favor of God, or wouldn't you rather have all of the promises, blessings, favor, pools of liberality, health, safety and protection that God's word promises to those who honor and obey His commands?  The ultimate power of purity is the reward of eternal life to those who love God.

I want to dedicate this week's blog to the memory of my dear friend and brother in Christ, Archbishop Hirron I. Williams, who passed away Sunday October 2, 2011
You will be deeply missed!

Feel free to share your thoughts and comments.
We look forward to hearing from you.

34 Comments to The Power of Purity:

Dr. Stanley D. Williams on Tuesday, October 04, 2011 12:13 PM
Thank you Dr. Bethtina for your marvelous insight. The clarity with which you have articulated the concept of purity is exception. The word purity is mentioned two times in the New Testament and both times it means a sinless life. The strong's exhaustive concordance defines the word purity as follows: Purity: (47 Hagneia {hag-ni'-ah} sinlessness of life) When a person walks pure before God the cleanness of their life allows God to use them to the maximum. Purity qualifies and individual for ministry just as uncleanness disqualifies them. A person who is pure has remained un-defiled and is uncontaminated, purity further displays the concept of chastity. The two times that purity is mentioned in scripture are 1 Timothy 4:12 & 1 Timothy 5:2 and in both cases you see purity defined as un-defiled and uncontaminated "holiness". 1 Timothy 4:12, "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." 1 Timothy 5:2, "The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity." Both of the above mentioned passages speak of having a pure life before God making it absolutely essential. The truth is you may be able to fool man but you can never fool God, He can see into secret places. We must also Consider the fact that we are presently in a tremendous season of judgment, it is more imperative than ever therefore that we repent before God an get our lives clean. Holiness and purity are absolutely synonymous realities and this is important to know because without holiness no man shall see the Lord. We must walk worthy of our callings, "be holy even as the Father is holy". Thank you again Dr. Bethtina for your wonderful insight.

Dr Bethtina Williams on Friday, October 07, 2011 10:16 PM
Hello My Dear, Apostle Williams, your comments are so precise and excellent. I thoroughly enjoy the focused way that you have established the Biblical premise for "purity". It is absolutely correct. Thank you for sharing your expertise and insights on this week's blog conversation.

Nikki N. Godbolt on Thursday, October 06, 2011 4:00 PM
I totally agree Dr. Williams, I believe that purity is an ingredient that every believer must obtain. The Bible says, that a little leaven, leaventh the whole lump. In other words if our heart is unclean, then the whole man is unclean. This reminds me of the animal sacrifices that the priest had to present to the Father in the tabernacle. Once the priest killed the sacrifices they had to inspect it to insure that there was no blemishes inside or out! The sacrifice had to be right! They could not just present any old thing to God and expect him to accept it! We now are living sacrifices unto our God and purity is a requirement of the saints not an option! God is pure so we as his children must be pure as well! If we truly want to receive the manifested blessings of God, we must be pure in our motives, in our life style, and in all that we do! Thank you Dr. Bethtina Williams and God bless you!

Dr Bethtina Williams on Friday, October 07, 2011 10:25 PM
Nikki, Purity of heart and purity of motives is essential for us as we endeavor to reflect the image of Christ to the world around us. It is in the simplicity of the Gospel shared from hearts which are purified in the Lord that others are impacted, saved, healed, and transformed. God truly is calling upon every believer to be transformed by the renewing of our minds and be comformed to His image and likeness. In doing so, we are restored back to the father's original intent and perfected in His love. God bless you.

TRACIE FIELDS on Friday, October 07, 2011 3:40 PM
There is a part here in particular that is drawing my attention: Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. Truth in the inward parts goes deep beyond what others see on the surface. While we may be able to cover up and hide what people see, God requires cleansing to the very depths of our core, in our hearts, our actions and thinking. It is important to ask God to reveal to us those secret sins within us and sins of omission. We can leave no area uncovered because God requires purity in our lives and in our actions and thinking and within everything about us. God knows all and sees all and even when we try to deceive ourselves God still knows. Seeing ourselves as we really are is not always pleasant to see , but thanks be to God who we can ask to reveal those things to us so that we may repent of them and be pure in our hearts and minds and enjoy the blessings of God. Then and only then will we be able to teach others to come into true repentance to the Father. Thank you for your obedience to God to help us repent and have God wash us of all of our sins.

Dr Bethtina Williams on Friday, October 07, 2011 11:08 PM
Tracie, your comments are on target. Psalm 51, lets us know that kind of heart that God will not despise. It requires brokeness and deep contrition to yield a heart that is purified in the eyesight of God. When we acknowledge our transgressions, He is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness producing the kind of heart that God desires. We must initiate that effort to repent before God can create in us a clean purified heart and renew a right spirit within us. May God bless you and thank you for your comments.

Marsha Wilson on Saturday, October 08, 2011 9:07 PM
Purity of heart is something that is not achieved overnight, it is a process, one that comes through humility and brokenness. This is something I see clearly as I read various passages in the Psalms, in particular, as you've mentioned above, Psalm 51. I love how David, once faced with himself, recognized that he immediately had to go before God. God is the only one who can truly cleanse us from our sins and purify us from within, and once it's done by Him, IT'S DONE!

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Friday, October 14, 2011 2:51 PM
Hello, Marsha, you said it exactly right, once we allow God to clease us thoroughly, it is really done, and I believe that everyone will see the resulting fruit of righteousness that comes forth afterwards. Fasting and prayer, confession of sins before God and even those who you've wronged are very important and helpful. I call it coming clean! when a person really comes clean with God and those they've sinned against only then can total cleansing and purification occur, but oftentimes the habit is to take the easiest way out and not really go all the way which only leaves things unsettled for the enemy to camp out on again. The Bible says, Matthew 12:43-45, "When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first." So, purity is essential to living the God kind of life that is free from demonic influences, and living a rich Holy Spirit filled, and Holy Spirit led life. Thank you so much for your comments. Have a gloriously blessed day in the Lord.

Travis Mimms on Monday, October 10, 2011 1:31 PM
I love how Jesus taught on little children in Matthew 18:1-4 "At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, who is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven? And Jesus called a little child unto Him, and set him in the midst of them, and said, "Verily I say unto you, except you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter in the Kingdom of Heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven."" God wants us to be such as the pureness and innocence of a child. Caring for my 6th month old daughter, I can imagine how God views His children in respect to humility. A father wants to bless his children with those things that brings joy, peace, prosperity, health, etc. more so if they are within the guidelines of his authority, but on the contrary a father must correct his children if there is any disobedience. "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" and there is nothing that is hidden in His sight. We must allow God to deal with us in all areas of our lives that will impede our growth and development in the secret place. This will allow the blessings of God to flow abundantly with liberty!

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Friday, October 14, 2011 3:02 PM
Travis, well spoken! The example that you made concerning the beautiful depiction of a child's heart is wonderful, because even though we are "shapen in sin and born in iniquity" as David said in Psalm 51, we should still make sure that we are committed to having the kind of heart that is pure and undefiled by the washing of water by the Word of God, and transforming power of the Holy Spirit. In doing so, the devil cannot get a foothold causing us to be defiled and unclean in our report and confession of faith. Travis, thank you for joing the blog conversation.

Candice Mimms on Monday, October 10, 2011 6:40 PM
Purity is required when an individual desires to have wisdom and revelation from God. When a person has the characteristic of purity, that person is free from contamination and corruption. This person can also make accurate decisions based upon the intellect and wisdom God has bestowed upon them. The moment we decide to allow God to cleanse our hearts and minds, is the moment areas within our lives can become powerful. I really loved how Dr. Williams placed emphasis on the importance of us representing God's character, image and likeness. Dr. Williams, by reading this week’s blog, I was able to reflect on my life and understand the meaning of walking a pure life before God. I was able to grasp the following: When I’m truly walking a pure life before God, I should be walking in dominion and authority because of God’s character living inside of me. By allowing God’s character of purity to flow through me, I’m allowing His power to run through me as well. There’s power through His revelation.

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Friday, October 14, 2011 2:43 PM
Candice, thank you for your insightful comments on this week's blog. I really enjoyed how you connected purity to having true power and dominion in the Kingdom of God. It's true that those who walk in real Divine authority allow God to search their hearts and yield to be changed, transformed and repent, meaning to turn from the wrong way of thinking, believing and acting to presenting their bodies as a living sacrifice, becoming what God originally intended for them to be so thay they bring glory and honor the Him instead of shame and reproach which has become a serious problem today. Again, thank you for your heartfelt comments. Until next time, Kingdom blessings to you!

Allen Wilson on Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:06 AM
King David was not perfect and aquainted with sorrow and grief but had a pure heart. Even in the middle of sorrow, grief, and trials David was able to Bless the Lord. David's rearing and trials aided in the process of developing a pure heart. Even in middle of our trial(s), with a pure heart we can say Blessed are You O Lord our God Eternal Holy King, Blessed are You O Lord our God arranging the stars and planets to Your pleasing, and Blessed are You O Lord our God now and forever.

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Friday, October 14, 2011 2:33 PM
Allen, your perspective is very unique. David was a man after God's own heart according to Acts 13:22, "And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will." Even though David sinned in causing the death of Uriah the Hittite, and took Bathsheba to be his wife, when Nathan the prophet came to him and adressed the matter he immediately repented deeply, with brokeness and contrition knowing that he was himself a dead man without God's forgiveness, mercy and grace. Purity of heart is a mandatory characteristic for believers in the Kingdom, and His grace should never be handled lightly, because as with king Saul God rejected him from being king of Israel and he could not recover his loss. Grace and forgivess is not meant to be a license for the same behavior to continue, rather for the recipient to change and do what is right. Purity is not real unless there is a transformation and clear change in behavior. Psalms 34:18, says, "The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit." Have a wonderfull blessed day Elder Wilson, and thank you once again for sharing your comments with us.

Pam wright on Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:39 PM
I want to say that I am blessed to be able to receive knowledge concering purity. A few days ago I was reading up on David when he was in sin with Bathsheba. It is very important to self check every daily because life will take you in a direction you real don't won't to go.

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Friday, October 14, 2011 2:19 PM
Pam, thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights with us on this week's blog. You made a very good point regarding how impurity and sin can take you were you really don't want to go in life. That is so profound. It really brings to bear why we all must ensure that we allow the word of God to cleanse us and the Holy Spirit to reprove us so that we remain in right standing with God & fulfill His original intent and purpose for our lives. God bless you.

DENISE wILLIAMS on Friday, October 14, 2011 10:43 AM
Thank you Dr.Williams for delivering the word of God with love and clarity. When you desire purity you have to be able to be chastened and that puts you in a humble place. In that place I think that you should self check your self as one of the bloggers said and get in the word and study to show your self approved. The word will show you yourself and also wash you as well. I would also like to say that was an excellent broadcast on Thursday night.

Dr. Bethtina Williams on Friday, October 14, 2011 2:15 PM
Denise, thank you for your comments they are so true, and go straight to the heart of the matter. I look forward to hearing from your great perspective again soon. You are blessed!

Vickie Williams on Sunday, October 16, 2011 4:53 AM
Thank you Dr. Beth on this segment "The Power of Purity" You explained so precisely regarding Psalms 51 how David went before God in truth and with a pure heart asked for what we needed. He asked God to purge him with hyssop (the same type of tree leaves used to sprinkle the blood over the door posts for the death angel to pass over) and to make him whiter than snow. David was petitioning God with sincerity. We must go before God with the self same sincerity and repentance. God will give you the desires of your heart if you diligently seek Him and His righteousness. Just as Dr. Beth shared with us "The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it." Whatsoever you are in need of- ask God. "But my God shall supply all my need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus! I thank God for you Dr. Beth- keep encouraging God's people.

Brian Brewer on Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:43 AM
Thank you Dr. Beth for this Awesome lesson on purity. So, the first step to purity is to uncloak sin. The nature of the world is to hide our sin so we can be accepted. God want us to expose those sinful things in our lives to eliminate the enemy’s power that is found in fear, shame, and guilt and to know we already accepted in the beloved. When we bring sin to the light only then can we break free from the bondage that sin brings. The bible says if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). At that very moment of humility, God is working with us and in us to bring us into His perfect will for our lives. When our hearts are pure before the lord it gives us access to the father according to Mathew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God. The revelation of what god is doing rings out so clear in Psalm 51:6 Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom. God is looking to renovate that which is not of Him. In other words God wants to give us a heart transplant by the sprint of truth and in the word of truth. So we can walk in God’s wisdom and counsel that the blessings of God can be manifested as a witness to those who do not believe.

Julius odey on Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:48 AM
Dr.Bethtina,you are God-sent to us,especially this generation where iniquity is seen as modern life.i love to live a pure life.i need more teachings on purity.i love a holy life but i need more knowledge on it.God wil continue to fill you with the spirit of holiness.from Nigeria

Replica Dior Baby D Price Watch on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:16 AM
Wearing the Replica Dior Baby D Price Watch is truly a fashion statement in the highest sense. It is known for their craftsmanship, quality construction, and designer flair.

mens rings on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:45 AM
His or her bday was a student in the 30 days associated with August. For this reason, it is just a birth stone for your thirty day period Summer.

groups tours on Thursday, May 16, 2013 6:09 AM
I found your blog web site on google and examine a number of of your early posts. Proceed to maintain up the excellent operate. I just additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. In search of forward to reading more from you in a while!?

group tours to go on Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:09 AM
Wow! This could be one particular of the most beneficial blogs We've ever arrive across on this subject. Actually Excellent. I am also a specialist in this topic so I can understand your effort.

travel packages to china on Thursday, May 16, 2013 11:10 PM
Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us beneficial information to work on. You have done a wonderful job!

Truman Pettigrew on Saturday, May 18, 2013 12:38 AM
arried women very attractive and sexy especially those who were able to manage their figure despite the fact that they are married. However, not all men are able to win the heart of those married women and they never get the chance to go on dating married women. It is important tha

tibet trip on Sunday, May 19, 2013 6:54 AM
This really answered my downside, thanks!

christian louboutin on sale on Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:39 AM
With intelligent study you should be effectively on your way.

louboutin shoes on Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:45 AM
The Power of Purity moswaw http://onthelevelinc.com/uk/mulberry/ cgkosw mulberry outlet york txbfjn http://onthelevelinc.com/uk/mulberry/ txbfjflptxbf http://www.absynet.fr/ cgkosw sac a main pas cher imquy http://www.absynet.fr/ aeimqswaei http://suvcwaz.org/redbottomshoes/ ruxzd louboutin shoes fjnrv http://suvcwaz.org/redbottomshoes/ xbfjnwaeim www.diving-tenerife.co.uk/ oswae mulberry bags gkosw http://www.diving-tenerife.co.uk/ fjnrvuvtln http://suvcwaz.org/celinebag/ tptxb celine bags lptxb http://suvcwaz.org/celinebag/ cgkoscycgk http://onthelevelinc.com/pumps.html uycgk christian louboutin lptxb http://onthelevelinc.com/pumps.html lplptdhlpt http://www.elzanne.fr/ vzegk longchamp uyuyc http://www.elzanne.fr/ mquyceimpt http://mirtg.com/ dhlef christian louboutin rvzdh http://mirtg.com/ jnrvzimquq http://youforweb.it/ aeimq burberry sito ufficiale swaei http://youforweb.it/ rvzdzvzdhlptx http://www.kingdomofsmiles.com/ vzdhlptx christian louboutin men mquycgko http://www.kingdomofsmiles.com/ eimquvwuaeimquyc http://www.vaiarelli.it/ rvzdhlpt outlet online burberry rnrvzdhl http://www.vaiarelli.it/ jnrvzdhl

Eskorte service on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 11:14 AM
Interesting post shared about the power of purity !!! Whatever allocation you have made this issue makes me pleased view as well. Thanks and carry on dude!!

goa tour package on Friday, August 16, 2013 2:24 AM
In fact you have creative writing abilities and it has inspired me to write my own blog now.

teacher costume on Monday, November 11, 2013 5:00 AM
A fantastic blog with a lot of useful information on the breastfeeding ,weight control and a healthy diet.I would love to get updates from you.Keep blogging.All the best.

www on Saturday, September 12, 2015 5:23 AM
So frequently once much of our young child people go to sleep for any brief nap Just think of the few moments, plus its deducted that