As we journey through life oftentimes we have opportunities presented to us which can cause our greatest abilities, gifts, and talents to rise out of obscurity and become gloriously recognized and revealed. I want to encourage you not to allow anything to cause you to miss your moment, those opportunities to manifest your greatest potential in life.
Potential is defined by Merriam-Webster as: 1) existing in possibility: capable of development into actuality < potential benefits> 2) expressing possibility
In physics, potential energy is the energy stored in a body or in a system due to its position in a force field or to its configuration. Energy cannot be created, destroyed or disappear, but it can be stored. Therefore, it can be reasoned that your potential arrived with you at birth. It was all included and stored in the package. You were born with incredible potential on the inside, and no one can destroy your potential. You must release it! In fact, you were pre-destined (pre-wired) to express extraordinary characteristics and traits that are unique to you. No one else has the exact same thumb print or foot print as you do. You are very special in your make-up and DNA, but most importantly you have to recognize it. For instance, there are twenty-three pairs of chromosomes in a human cell, and one of each pair is inherited from your father and the other from your mother. This determines the color of your eyes, hair, skin tone, and the rest of your biological make-up. In addition, if you were to break down an average human body into its individual atoms, and then lay the atoms out in a single straight line it would stretch about 550 trillion kilometers (km) or about 14 billion loops around the equator, which is equivalent to about 1.4 billion trips to the moon, or 58 light years from the earth. The reality is, you have been "fearfully and wonderfully made." (Psalms 139:14)
In order to release your greatest potential you have to understand that you are unique and powerful beyond belief. When you begin to tap into the resevoir of creativity and genius that is stored in your interpersonal system, and excavate ideas, crafts, talents, skills, and abilities from your own treasure chest you'll unlock and release the purpose of God for your existence. In fact, you were created in the "image and likeness" of God to reflect the divine nature and god-gene that lies within you.
"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us."
(2 Corinthians 4:7)
You are perfect for what God created and designed you to do, and He sovereignly sends certain people across your path in order to present opportunities for you to tap into your greatest potential and express your gifts, talents, and abilities in order to share them with others.
There are at least four forms of potential that you need to be able to recognize when you see it. They are as follows:
• Untapped resources: Often times people neglect to maximize their greatest potential because they fail to take advantage of the resources that are available to them such as, relational resources, spiritual resources, financial resources, material resources, technological resources, natural resources, and intellectual resources. For example, untapped potential comes in the form of people that you may or may not have met, but have not maximized your connection with.
• Dormant abilities: People with dormant abilities have great talents, skills and abilities laying dormant within them, and are not using them in order to release their full potential and capacity. These people are usually jealous, even critical and judgmental of others who are functioning and operating successfully in the same areas of gifting and abilities that they already have. An example of dormant ability is when life brings various kinds of circumstances, challenges and tests to us which causes the talents, abilities and potential to surface and come out of us.
• Unused power: Everyone has power inside, but doesn't realize it. For example, the power to focus, to dream, to love, to create, to invest, to change, to inspire, to motivate, to follow God, to forgive, to serve, to work, to learn, to apply what we learn, to concentrate, to recover, to excel, and to live victorious lives. Having all of this power is great, but only if we use it. In order to do so it is extremely important for us not to allow ourselves to be reactive in life, but choose to be proactive instead, and use our power deliberately and intentionally.
• Unfulfilled purpose: You may know your purpose, but not maximize the potential of your purpose. This means that you should aim for the highest degree of accomplishment within the sphere and pursuit of your purpose. You want to be excited about your purpose and enjoy the fulfillment it. Dedicate and commit to further development in your area of expertise with passion and enthusiasm. This can be done by pursuing new methodologies, fresh cutting-edge ideas, information and strategies through books, seminars, webinars, conferences, workshops, panel discussions, and personal or group coaching.1
All forms of potential come in untapped resources, dormant abilities, unused power, and unfulfilled purpose. Each of these forms is simply waiting for your intelligent action to transform them from possibilities to realities in your life. Don't cheat the world out of enjoying your potential, but remember that ultimate fulfillment only reveals itself when your potential is maximized. Be sure to keep the right people, attitude, and resources around your potential and it will develop and grow beyond your wildest dreams.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
The purpose of potential is to live full and die empty.
~Dr. Myles Monroe
You are more than you have become.
~Mufasa, The Lion King
Philippians 3:14, "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." ~The Apostle Paul
Thank you for joining this faith-filled community. We welcome you to post your comments on this week's blog. Feel free to leave your prayer request on our "Prayer Request" page so that we can agree with you for your breakthrough and the manifestation of God's will for your life. You can also share your testimony on our "Testimonials" page. We want to rejoice with you!
At MPowering Lives, it is our desire to encourage and sharpen you spiritually and professionally.
1. Delatorro McNeal II, Caught Between a Dream and a Job, p. 130, p. 140, Copyright 2008.
© Copyright 2011 MPowering Lives International. All Rights Reserved.