"Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass." Psalms 37:4-5
What is the desire of the heart of a good man? It is this, to know, and love, and serve God. To delight in God is as much a privilege as a duty. God has not promised to gratify the appetites of the body, and humors of the our carnal minds, but the desires of the renewed, sanctified soul. When we commit the direction, goals and desires of our hearts to God and seek His counsel out of a heart that is sold out to serving His purposes and plans for our lives, He will give us the clarity that we need, and establish the desires of our hearts.
When your heart has been renewed by the word of God it will be very important to you that your desires and choices are pleasing to Him. You will never take things for granted, but rather consider it an honor to commit everything unto the Lord. There are certain areas of importance to be considered in establishing clearly defined goals and achieving them. For instance:
1) Your personal goals must be true in adherence to your core values.
2) They must be meaningful to you.
3) Ensure that your goals are clearly defined, specific, and measurable.
4) They must be flexible, not rigid so that you can change up or alter them if necessary.
5) Your goals must stretch you, and be challenging.
6) They should be exciting to you.
7) Your goals must contribute to the enrichment and welfare of others in some way.
8) Be accountable to someone that you trust for accomplishing your goals.
Once you have implemented these principles in pursuit of your goals you will be on your way to experiencing greater levels of accomplishment and success. Remember that God desires for you to prosper and reach the highest degree of joy and fulfillment in life as you seek to do His will first, and acknowledge Him in all your ways. "Trust Him, and He will bring it to pass."
I look forward to hearing from you. So feel free to join the blog and leave your comments.
© Copyright 2011 MPowering Lives International. All Rights Reserved.